|Created by||Tom Snyder
Carl W. Adams
|Developed by||Matt Harrigan
|Starring||Melissa Bardin Galsky
H. Jon Benjamin
|Opening theme||"O'Grady! (The Diary of Abigale Colleti)" by Kelly Osbourne|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||19 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Carl W. Adams|
|Producer(s)||Jack Ferraiolo (season 1)
Will Shepard (season 2)
|Original network||The N|
|Original release||July 30, 2004 – April 24, 2006|
O'Grady (stylized as O*gRAdY) is an American animated television show created by Tom Snyder and Carl Adams and developed for TV by co-star Holly Schlesinger.
It stars Melissa Bardin Galsky and H. Jon Benjamin, among other Soup2nuts Productions alumni, as high school students Abby, Beth, Harold, and Kevin, and chronicles their lives along with those of other residents of O'Grady, a fictional town which is periodically plagued by "The Weirdness." The Weirdness affects its residents in strange ways such as projecting their private thoughts in bubbles over their heads, or producing clones of themselves every time they get angry.
- Abby Wilde (voiced by Melissa Bardin Galsky) is a vain average teenager. Kevin and she have feelings between them, which have been shown in many episodes. Her main love interest is Pete Klesko, but she never manages to make him feel the same way.
- Kevin Harnisch (voiced by H. Jon Benjamin) is a slacker teenager, who never wants to do hard work, has a tendency to find a way to use the weirdness for his own gain in various ways. He is in a band with Harold and Iris, but the band never progressed past a few shows. He also has a crush on Abby, although he would never admit it.
- Beth Briggs (voiced by Holly Schlesinger) is a blue-haired environmentalist vegetarian, the classic concerned hippie with big ideas. She has good intentions as she is the opposite of Kevin, but she is also very naive. She's Abby's best friend.
- Harold Oscar Jenkins (voiced by Patrice O'Neal) works at Eets-A-Pizza, and is Kevin's best friend. He can be a little nerdy and often is uncomfortable with Kevin's various schemes.
- Iris (voiced by H. Jon Benjamin) is a neurotic German exchange student and a devoted fan of techno music. She speaks with an accent, and is one of the show's breakout characters, her humorous (though not intended to be funny) statements make her very popular with fans. She is often quoted. She is also very obsessive with chocolate and enjoys licking spoons.
- Pete Klesko (voiced by Larry Murphy) is the most popular guy in school. He plays on the lacrosse team, and Abby has had a crush on him for a long time, despite him not being able to remember her name. He has a very dull personality but is still nice.
- Phillip Demorio (voiced by H. Jon Benjamin) is one of their classmates, and is very smart, nerdy, and a total mama's boy. He is also wealthy, speaks very aristocratically, and is always wearing a tie.
- Donald Alan Lipschitz (voiced by Larry Murphy) is a monotone-speaking substitute teacher. He says "Oh Lord" frequently whenever something bad happens. He also seems to suffer a reverse effect to every weirdness. He has to teach classes whenever the staff become victims to The Weirdness and is often teaching every class the main characters attend.
- Dr. Myers (voiced by Bill Braudis) is the school principal. He's shown as not very intelligent and has braces. He and Mr. Lipschitz have a somewhat unnatural friendship, with both being a little annoyed of the other.
- Tom Kenny
- Sirena Irwin
- Todd Barry
- Rachel Dratch
- Jon Glaser
- Conan O'Brien
- Amy Poehler
- Alonzo Bodden
- David Cross
- Dannah Feinglass Phirman
- Mark Rivers
- Rob Corddry
- Dina Pearlman
- Paula Plum
- Sam Seder
- Matt Walsh
Season 1 (2004–05)
|No.||Title||Original air date||Prod.
|1||"Sweats"||July 30, 2004||101|
|As the Weirdness causes people who sweat to have their insecurities physically magnified, Kevin, Beth and Abby make a documentary about O'Grady and Harold worries about an upcoming wrestling match.|
|2||"Clones"||August 6, 2004||102|
|The Weirdness creates a clone every time a person loses their temper. Harold is jealous and lonely when he finds that he cannot create a clone for himself, while Abby and Kevin are horrified to discover that their clones are romantically interested in each other.|
|3||"Party Gong"||August 13, 2004||103|
|The Weirdness causes short term memory loss (signified by the bang of a gong), which Kevin exploits to convince Beth that she is having a party while her family is out of town. Meanwhile, Harold tries to track down the source of a mysterious phone number he finds himself in possession of.|
|4||"O'Grady Idol"||August 20, 2004||104|
|The Weirdness causes everyone to act like cats. Meanwhile, Kevin and Abby compete against each other in the O'Grady Idol singing contest, and Beth struggles to judge them impartially.|
|5||"Magnets"||September 3, 2004||105|
|The Weirdness causes people to act as magnets, attracting and repelling objects from themselves. Meanwhile, Beth asks Abby for help facing the future of coffee shops, and Kevin almost gets Harold fired from his job at Eets-a-Pizza.|
|6||"Sign Language"||September 10, 2004||106|
|The Weirdness makes public service signs come to life. Abby takes dance classes with Phillip, While Kevin uses the sign icons for his own personal gain, and Beth and Harold take Driver's Ed.|
|7||"Bubble Heads"||December 31, 2004||107|
|The Weirdness causes people's inner thoughts to appear in bubbles over their heads, preventing them from lying. Beth uses the Weirdness to get great deals on clothing, while Kevin and Harold's friendship is strained by the truth and Abby finally gets a chance to hang out with her crush Pete Klesko when she finds out there both going to an upcoming concert except she seems to have misplaced her ticket.|
|8||"Robo-Babies"||April 1, 2005||108|
|The Weirdness causes everyone who yawns to instantly teleport. The class is assigned robo-babies to care for, which exhausts Abby, while Beth avoids her 'husband' Harold and Kevin tries to spin the assignment into a scheme for cash.|
|9||"Cop 'Stache"||April 8, 2005||109|
|The Weirdness makes it impossible to insult someone else, much to the chagrine of Abby's friends after she changes her look to impress Pete Klesko. Kevin becomes a mall cop, and Harold falls in with the popular crowd.|
|10||"Sugar Hill"||April 15, 2005||110|
|. The Weirdness creates soundtrack music to the characters' lives. O'Grady High goes without sugar. Beth and Abby find that the lack of sweets strains their friendship, while Kevin gets rich from black-market sugar sales.|
|11||"Old Cold"||April 22, 2005||111|
|The Weirdness causes people to age 30 years when they sneeze. Kevin convinces Harold, Beth and Abby to skip to avoid their elderly classmates, but they run into a few kinks. Meanwhile Mr.Lipschitz finds he has become younger and decides to make a few more golden memories.|
|12||"No Pain, No Gain"||May 6, 2005||112|
|The Weirdness makes everyone invincible to pain, which Harold uses to his advantage by joining the football team to impress his dad. Also The Guru New You's, a popular makeover show, comes to O'Grady which leads to disastrous results for Beth, and Kevin tries out for the annual crazy stunt competition.|
|13||"Remotes"||May 13, 2005||113|
|The Weirdness causes remotes to work on people. Abby joins the cheerleading squad to get Pete's attention, and Harold and Kevin decide to open a club in Kevin's garage, while Mr. Lipschitz uses his remote to screw around with Dr. Myers.|
Season 2 (2006)
|No.||Title||Original air date||Prod.
|14||"Jerked"||March 3, 2006||201|
|The Weirdness makes everyone float when they're happy and turn their feet into lead if they're mad or sad (which makes them sink). Abby and Kevin both get jobs at the public pool, Beth prepares to go to Paris and Harold has to deal with Phillip, who is working with him. This episode guest starred Conan O'Brien and Amy Poehler. This episode may also be known as "Frenched".|
|15||"Vacation"||March 10, 2006||202|
|The Weirdness makes people periodically have to urinate. Whilst Beth helps build homes for the destitute, Kevin sees an opportunity. Iris becomes obsessive in a single white female way about Abby while Harold becomes obsessed with an aged arcade game.|
|16||"A Stronger O'Grady"||March 17, 2006||203|
|The Weirdness gives all women super strength, leading to Beth becoming a contender in the school elections. Meanwhile, Iris uses her new strength to insert the joys of techno music into the lives of her fellow students, whether they like it or not. Also Abby starts to develop feelings toward her substitute teacher which leads to a few problems when she finds out a shocking secret about him.|
|17||"The Fly"||April 10, 2006||204|
|The Weirdness causes animals to be able to speak, so Harold uses a fly to learn and spread the gossip of the high school.|
|18||"Big Jerk on Campus"||April 17, 2006||205|
|The Weirdness causes people to become invisible when they hold their breath. One of Kevin's older brothers, Randy visits from college and Abby takes a liking to an emo boy who likes to hang out in strange places. This episode guest starred David Cross.|
|19||"Cut the Cord"||April 24, 2006||206|
|The Weirdness forces certain people to stay together; when they attempt to leave, a glowing cord comes out and ties them together. Abby and Harold sign up for a big brother/sister program. Beth discovers Mr. Lipshcitz used to be a famous singer. Also, Kevin wins the chance to be on his favorite radio show. This episode guest starred Will Arnett.|
Although O'Grady has never been released on DVD, some episodes are available for purchase through iTunes, as well as Amazon Video. In 2013, TeenNick aired reruns of the show. And in 2014, Nick released "Best of O'Grady" in iTunes.
- The intro usually has the word O'grady going through some type of change which explains the Weirdness for the episode
- Many episodes have a penguin in them somewhere. One is on a sign during the opening, one was at the top of the food pyramid in "Sugar Hill", Another one in "Sugar Hill" appeared on Kevin's suit, One was on the hood of the car in "Old Cold", one was in the opening of "A Stronger O'Grady" and with the O'Grady opening title in "The Fly", One was on the newspaper in "Sign Language", one can be seen on a Flea Market table in "Bubbleheads", Another is seen in Abby's Bathroom in "Vacation",Also a penguin could be seen on someone's shirt in "Party Gong" and was expressed verbally in the episode "Frenched" when Chip said "Like a penguin's nuts."