May 12, 1997 |
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
Life and career
An Israeli, Rush was born in Haifa. Her name, "Odeya", means "Thank God" in Hebrew. Her family moved to the United States when she was nine so that her father could take a job as a security consultant in Alabama. Rush is Jewish, and attended N.E. Miles Jewish Day School in Birmingham, Alabama, where she lived. She later moved to Midland Park, New Jersey, where she attended public school. In the beginning of 2013, Rush moved to Los Angeles, California with her family. Rush has six brothers. Four of them are younger than she - two sets of twins who live with their parents in Los Angeles, and 2 older brothers who live in Israel. She is the only girl among her siblings.
She has appeared in short films and commercials and in the television series Curb Your Enthusiasm in the episode "Mister Softee", as Emily, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, in the episode "Branded", in which she played the character Hannah Milner. She played Joni Jerome, the best friend of Timothy, in the Peter Hedges-directed Disney film The Odd Life of Timothy Green.
In 2013, Rush was named one of Hollywood's 20 up and coming young actresses under 20 to watch by The Midwest TV Guys. 
Rush co-starred, as Fiona, in the science fiction film The Giver (2014), based on the 1993 novel of same name from Lois Lowry, and directed by Phillip Noyce. The film also starred Brenton Thwaites, Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep, Katie Holmes, Alexander Skarsgård and Taylor Swift.
In 2015, Rush played Ashley Burwood, sister of Johana Burwood (played by Sarah Hyland), in the comedy film See You in Valhalla. Rush's next role was the female lead in the film Goosebumps, based on the R. L. Stine’s popular book series. Rush played Hannah Stine, the daughter of R. L. Stine (portrayed by Jack Black), who teams up with her neighbor to fight monsters.
|2010||Wild Birds||Beth||Short film|
|2010||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Hannah Milner||Episode: "Branded"|
|2011||Curb Your Enthusiasm||Emily||Episode: "Mister Softee"|
|2012||Odd Life of Timothy Green, TheThe Odd Life of Timothy Green||Joni Jerome|
|2013||We Are What We Are||Alyce Parker|
|2013||When the Devil Comes||Kyra|
|2015||See You in Valhalla||Ashley Burwood|
|2016||Hunter's Prayer||Ella Hatto||Filming|
- Israeli acting phenom Odeya Rush joins Jack Black in 'Goosebumps' film Haaretz, Feb. 14, 2014
- Lomer, Kyara (November 20, 2012). "'Odd Life of Timothy Green' star Odeya Rush talks about her character, Joni, and upcoming roles – South Florida". Sun-sentinel.com. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- Israeli-born actress finding film success in Jersey and beyond
- "THE ODD, Wonderful LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN'S Odeya Rush". Kidspickflicks.com. August 15, 2012. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- "Day School Student Stars In Movie". Myemail.constantcontact.com. September 6, 2012. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- Biography for Odeya Rush. imdb.com
- Flaunt magazine article
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Season 12, Episode 6. Branded (20 Oct. 2010). imdb.com
- Alan Baltes, December 10, 2010. “Disney to film 'The Odd Life of Timothy Green' in January as casting continues.” Examiner.com
- Israeli teen to play Virgin Mary – Israel Culture, Ynetnews. Ynetnews.com. Retrieved May 31, 2012.
- "20 Under 20 (Up and Coming Young Actresses)". The Midwest TV Guys. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Israeli actress Odeya Rush joins 'Goosebumps' cast". The Jerusalem Post. February 9, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Odeya Rush.|
- Odeya Rush at the Internet Movie Database
- Odeya Rush on Twitter
- Odeya Rush on Facebook
- Odeya Rush at CHS