OpenVPX is an Industry Working Group of 28 defense contractors. OpenVPX was founded by Mercury Systems in January 2009. The OpenVPX Industry Working Group has provided new standards which will replace VME and VXS standards in future defense designs.
On October 19, 2009, the OpenVPX working group demonstrated the new standard at MILCOM featuring an OpenVPX backplane in a Hybricon SFF-4 Small Form Factor conduction-cooled chassis integrated with Curtiss-Wright Controls' small form factor 3U OpenVPX-compliant cards.
- Elma Electronic
- Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions
- GE Intelligent Platforms
- North Atlantic Industries, Inc.
- Mercury Systems
- CompactPCI Serial
- VITA: Open Standards, Open Markets
- Chris A. Ciufo, Editor. "EXTRA! OpenVPX goes from conflict to collaboration – VITA Technologies". Vmecritical.com. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- "Live OpenVPX system unveiled at Milcom". Defense Systems. 2009-10-20. Retrieved 2012-09-06.