|Region of origin||India|
|Language(s) of origin||Sanskrit|
Pai is a surname from coastal Karnataka and Goa in India. It is found among Hindus of the Goud Saraswat Brahmin community. Families with the surname Pai, are Saraswat Brahmins who speak the Konkani language, but are mostly bilingual in Kannada, Marathi and Tulu.  
The following is a list of notable people with last name Pai.
- Ajit Pai, Indian cricketer
- Ajit Varadaraj Pai, FCC chairman
- Ammembal Subba Rao Pai, lawyer and founder of Canara Bank
- Anant Pai (1937–2011), noted educationist and creator of Indian comics
- G. Vasantha Pai (1921-2009), Senior Advocate - Madras High Court and Indian Supreme Court, Member of Legislative Council (MLC), Freedom Fighter
- M. Govinda Pai (1883–1963), poet
. P. Ananth Pai, First batch 1947 IAS, GM Indian Railways, Born Panemangalore 1923-1990
- M. Kesava Pai (1879–1965), doctor, Rao Bahadur, OBE (Order of the British Empire awarded in 1932)
- M. Purushotham Pai (1906-1991), ICS, Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh, Chairman of SCCL, Board Member-Larsen & Toubro, Chairman of APRSTC
- T. M. A. Pai (1898 – 1978), banker and philanthropist
- Tonse Ramesh Upendra Pai, Chairman of Maha Rashtra Apex Corporation Ltd
- T. A. Pai (1922–1981), banker and founder of T. A. Pai Management Institute, Founder of Syndicate Bank
- T.V. Mohandas Pai, Chartered Accountant
- Ramdas Madhav Pai, Indian Businessman
- Sir Shreenath Pai, Founder and Chairman (Boss) of Proximus.
- * Devanna Pai, Freedom Fighter
- "Pai Family History". Oxford University Press. Dictionary of American Family Names ©2013, Oxford University Press.
- "GSB Surname". Copyright © 2013. GSBKONKANI. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Mythic Society (Bangalore, India) (1992). The quarterly journal of the Mythic society (Bangalore)., Volume 83. The Society,. pp. Page 103.
- Sarasvati's Children: A History of the Mangalorean Christians, Alan Machado Prabhu, I.J.A. Publications, 1999, p. 137
- "G. Vasantha Pai -- Unsung Pioneer of Judicial Accountability in India". lawandotherthings.blogspot.in. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
- "Vasantha Pai, an advocate's advocate". The Hindu. 2009-02-16. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-12-05.
|This page lists people with the surname Pai. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|