Palm Springs station
Palm Springs station in 2013
|Location||N. Indian Canyon Drive and Palm Springs Station Road|
Palm Springs, California 
|Owned by||City of Palm Springs|
|Line(s)||Union Pacific Railroad|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2017)||3,142 3.3%|
Palm Springs is a train station in Palm Springs, California, United States, served by Amtrak, the national railroad passenger system. The Sunset Limited and the Texas Eagle, combined, provide a thrice-weekly service in each direction.
This is not a full-service station. The station comprises a single platform and an open-air shelter with a roof. It was built in 1999, and the property is owned by the City of Palm Springs. No services are offered at this unmanned station. The station is approximately 7 miles (11 km) north of Palm Springs, and there are no connecting transportation services between the station and downtown except for taxi cabs and app-based ride services.
Ridership at the Palm Springs station declined from 2010 to 2013, in large part due to the normally inconvenient service times to and from Los Angeles. In FY2010, the station served 6,061 passengers. This declined to 5,897 passengers in FY2011 (-2.7%), and then to 4,945 passengers in FY2012 (-16.1%). As of FY2013, Palm Springs station's ridership further declined to 3,113 passengers, corresponding to an average boarding or detraining of just 8–9 passengers daily, making Palm Springs the 71st-busiest of the 74 stations served by Amtrak in California in FY2013. Following the 2016 schedule change for the Sunset Limited and Texas Eagle, inbound trains depart at 2:02 am and outbound trains arrive at 12:36 am.
Greyhound Bus Lines
Platforms and tracks
|Track 1||■ Sunset Limited||toward Los Angeles (Ontario)|
|■ Sunset Limited||toward New Orleans (Yuma)|
|■ Texas Eagle||toward Los Angeles (Ontario)|
|■ Texas Eagle||toward Chicago (Yuma)|
- "Palm Springs, CA – North (PSN)". amtrak.com. Amtrak. Retrieved 2 Jan 2014.
- "Great American Stations: North Palm Springs, CA (PSN)". greatamericanstations.com. Amtrak. Retrieved 2 Feb 2014.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of California" (pdf). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2010, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. Nov 2010. Archived from the original (pdf) on January 24, 2011. Retrieved 6 Jan 2011.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2011, State of California" (pdf). Amtrak. Dec 2011. Retrieved 7 Dec 2013.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2012, State of California" (pdf). Amtrak. Nov 2012. Retrieved 7 Dec 2013.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, Fiscal Year 2013, State of California" (pdf). Amtrak. Nov 2013. Retrieved 7 Dec 2013.
- "Amtrak Schedule Effective 2018" (pdf). Amtrak. March 2018. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- "Greyhound.com – Locations : States : California". Greyhound Lines. 2013. Retrieved 7 Dec 2013.
- Media related to Palm Springs (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Palm Springs Amtrak station information
- Palm Springs, CA – Amtrak
- Palm Springs (city) curbside bus stop (Thruway) 3400 East Tahquitz Canyon Way
- Palm Springs Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide – Train Web)
- Pictures of train station/platform
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Palm Springs Station
- North Palm Springs (PSN) – Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|