This article needs to be updated.November 2018)(
Fairfield–Vacaville station in May 2019
|Location||4921 Vanden Road, Fairfield, California|
|Owned by||City of Fairfield|
|Line(s)||UP Martinez Subdivision|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||November 13, 2017|
Fairfield–Vacaville station is a train station in Fairfield, Solano County, California, which provides rail access for the communities of Fairfield and Vacaville. The station is served by Amtrak California's Capitol Corridor rail line as well as buses.
An environmental impact study was finalized in 2011. Ground was broken for construction on May 20, 2015. and was given an estimated completion date of March 2017. The entire projected was budgeted at $40 million, including parking, bus facilities, and the construction of an expanded overpass to carry Peabody Road over the railroad tracks.
Previously scheduled to be completed by August 2017 and incorporated into the Capitol Corridor schedule in October of that year, final testing delayed opening until a later date. The station began service on November 13, 2017.
In May 2019, the stop was ceremonially named Fairfield-Vacaville Hannigan Station after former Fairfield Assemblymember Tom Hannigan, who contributed to the development of the Capitol Corridor service.
- SMA Rail Consulting (April 2016). "California Passenger Rail NETWORK SCHEMATICS" (PDF). California Department of Transportation. p. 3.
- FAST 2 Timetable PDF
- "MTC Closes Funding Gap for New Fairfield-Vacaville Train Station". Metropolitan Transportation Commission. December 1, 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-12-07. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- Fu, Kimberly F. (29 May 2015). "Ground is broken on Fairfield/Vacaville Train Station project". Digital First Media. The Reporter. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- "Fairfield / Vacaville Train Station and Peabody Road Improvements". City of Fairfield. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- "Vacaville Train Station and Peabody Road Improvements". City of Fairfield Public Works. City of Fairfield. Archived from the original on 30 August 2017. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Fairfield / Vacaville Train Station and Peabody Road Improvements". City Of Fairfield. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Coming Monday, November 13: New Schedule and Opening of Fairfield-Vacaville Station". Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority. 2 November 2017. Retrieved 3 November 2017.
- "Train Station renamed for visionary Tom Hannigan" (Press release). Fairfield-Suisun Chamber of Commerce. May 14, 2019.
Media related to Fairfield–Vacaville station at Wikimedia Commons
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|