Paul W. Downs
Paul W. Downs
Downs in 2018
|Born||November 21, 1982|
|Alma mater||Duke University|
Paul W. Downs has been creating digital shorts with Lucia Aniello since the pair met in 2007 at the Upright Citizens Brigade. In 2012 they made a web series called Paulilu Mixtape for Above Average Productions, a division of Broadway Video.
Since 2014, Paul W. Downs has played the character Trey on the Comedy Central sitcom Broad City. Trey is a fitness instructor and the boss turned romantic interest of Abbi Abrams (played by Abbi Jacobson) at Soulstice. Paul is also one of the writers and executive producers on the show.
On April 29, 2015, it was announced that Downs and Aniello would be writing a female spin-off of 21 Jump Street. On June 22, 2015, it was announced that the duo sold their script for Move That Body, a feature film acquired by Sony. Retitled Rough Night and released in 2017, Aniello directed, while Downs co-starred in the film.
Paul studied theater at Duke University where he did improv and was a member of Duke's sketch comedy group, Inside Joke. He lives in Los Angeles with his girlfriend and comedy partner, Lucia Aniello.
- Kit, Borys (April 29, 2015). "Female '21 Jump Street' in the Works With 'Broad City' Writers". TheHollywoodReporter.com. THR. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (June 22, 2015). "Sony Wins R-Rated Spec Comedy Auction With 'Broad City' & '21 Jump Street' Spinoff Scribes Aniello & Downs". Deadline.com. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
- Rose, Lacey (February 1, 2016). "Netflix Orders Innovative Sketch Series 'The Characters' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 2, 2016.
- Hibberd, James (January 6, 2016). "Time-traveling bong TV series finally ordered". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 9, 2016.
- Futterweit, Alexa (August 11, 2012). "Interview: Lucia Aniello and Paul W. Downs Talk Paulilu Comedy and the Hilarity of Hilary [sic] Clinton". complex.com. Complex Media, Inc. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "Paul W. Downs". ucbcomedy.com. Upright Citizens Brigade Comedy. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Marotta, Jenna (March 4, 2015). "Broad City's Paul W. Downs on His Character's Big Reveal, Voicing Abbi's Stuffed Animal, and Writing the Pegging Episode". vulture.com. Vulture. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "Lucia Aniello". imdb.com. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- Wright, Megh (February 5, 2015). "Talking with Writers Paul W. Downs and Lucia Aniello About Last Night's Insane and Awesome 'Broad City' Episode". splitsider.com. Splitsider. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
|This article about an American television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|