|Elevation||630 ft (190 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||441045|
Perth is located at.
Perth had its start in the year 1870 by the building of the railroad through that territory. It was named after Perth, Scotland, not Perth, Western Australia. A post office was established at Perth in 1880, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1929.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. pp. 325.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 260. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and named for Perth, Scotland, birthplace of his ancestors.
- "Clay County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 August 2014.