Harrison Township, Clay County, Indiana
Location of Harrison Township in Clay County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||62.67 sq mi (162.3 km2)|
|• Land||62.24 sq mi (161.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.43 sq mi (1.1 km2)|
|Elevation||604 ft (184 m)|
|• Density||34.9/sq mi (13.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453381|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 62.67 square miles (162.3 km2), of which 62.24 square miles (161.2 km2) (or 99.31%) is land and 0.43 square miles (1.1 km2) (or 0.69%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Sugar Ridge Township (north)
- Washington Township (northeast)
- Marion Township, Owen County (east)
- Jefferson Township, Owen County (southeast)
- Smith Township, Greene County (south)
- Lewis Township (southwest)
- Perry Township (northwest)
The township contains nine cemeteries: Cole, Duncan, Goshorn Memorial Park, Greenwell, Liechty, Maple Grove, Maple Grove, Sink and Wilson.
- "Harrison Township, Clay County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.