Ponce de León
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ponce De Leon)
Juan Ponce de León (1474–1521) was an early Spanish explorer of the Americas and first Governor of Puerto Rico.
- Alberto Yarini y Ponce de León (1882-1910), Cuban criminal
- Augusto Ponce de León, character played by Guillermo García Cantú in the 2009 Mexican telenovela Camaleones
- Daniel Ponce de León (born 1980), Mexican boxer
- Diego de Alvear y Ponce de León (1749–1830), Spanish military commander and politician
- Diego de Vargas (Diego de Vargas Zapata y Luján Ponce de León y Contreras, 1643–1704), Spanish governor of the New Spain territory of Santa Fe de Nuevo México, today the U.S. states of New Mexico and Arizona
- Fernando Ponce de León (1917–1998), Colombian writer
- Juan Ponce de León II, (1524–1591), grandson of Juan Ponce de León and the first native-born Puerto Rican to become governor of Puerto Rico
- Juan Ponce de León y Loayza, the son of Juan Ponce de León II, and early settler of Ponce, Puerto Rico
- Luis Ponce de León (governor of New Spain) (?–1526), Spanish governor of New Spain
- Luis Ponce de León (1527–1591), Spanish poet
- Michael Ponce de Leon (1922-2006) American artist.
- Nestor Ponce de León (February 26, 1837–December 17, 1899) Cuban exile to the USA; publisher, founder, secretary, treasurer of the Junta Central Revolucionaria to which José Martí belonged in New York
- Nicolás Ponce de León (1590/95-1654), acting governor of Florida in 1631-1633 and 1651
- Nicolás Ponce de León II, acting governor of Florida in 1663-1664, and 1673-1675
- Patricio Ponce de León (1919–2010), Cuban mycologist
- Pedro Ponce de León (1520–1584) a Spanish Benedictine monk who is often credited as being "the first teacher for the deaf"
- Pedro Ponce de León y Riquelme, Governor of Venezuela Province (1566–1569)
- Rodrigo Ponce de León, 4th Duke of Arcos, viceroy of Naples (r. 1646–48)
- Ponce de León Hotel, a former resort hotel in St. Augustine, Florida, now part of Flagler College
- Ponce de Leon amusement park, a former amusement park in Atlanta, Georgia
- Ponce de Leon Apartments, a contributing building to the Fox Theatre Historic District, Midtown Atlanta, Georgia
- Ponce de Leon Avenue, a major and historic thoroughfare in Atlanta, Georgia
- Ponce de Leon, Florida, a small town in the northern Florida panhandle
- Ponce de Leon Park, a former baseball park in Atlanta, Georgia
- Ponce de Leon Park in Punta Gorda, Florida
- Ponce de Leon Springs (Atlanta), former springs in Atlanta, Georgia
- Ponce de Leon Springs State Park, a park in the Florida panhandle
- Ponce de León Inlet, an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean on the east coast of Florida
- Ponce de Leon Inlet Light, the largest lighthouse in Florida, located on Ponce de Leon Inlet
- Ponce de León Island, a long barrier island on the Atlantic coast of Florida
- Ponce de Leon (train), a train operated by the Southern Railway in the southeast United States.
- Ponce de Leon, a play by Clemens Brentano.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Ponce de León. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ponce de León.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.