From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the brand of popcorn, see Popcorn, Indiana (brand).
Popcorn Christian Church
|Elevation||650 ft (200 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||451354|
A post office called Popcorn was established in 1891, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1905.
Popcorn is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 269. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...named for a nearby stream, Popcorn Creek.
- Indianapolis Monthly. Emmis Communications. September 2006. p. 138. ISSN 0899-0328.
- "Lawrence County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
|This Lawrence County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|