Úrvalsdeild kvenna (basketball)
|Confederation||FIBA Europe (Europe)|
|Number of teams||8|
|Level on pyramid||1|
|Relegation to||Division I|
|Domestic cup(s)||Bikarkeppni KKÍ|
|Current champions||Valur (1st title)|
|Most championships||Keflavík (16 titles)|
|All-time top scorer||Birna Valgarðsdóttir|
|TV partners||Stöð 2 Sport|
Úrvalsdeild kvenna; English: Women's Premier League, known as Domino's deild kvenna for sponsorship reasons, is the highest basketball competition among women's clubs in Iceland. It is administrated by the Icelandic Basketball Federation. It was founded in 1952 and, until 2007, it was known as 1. deild kvenna (English: Women's First division).
- Ármann and ÍR were the only two teams registered for the 1953 competition.
- Only ÍR an KR participated in the 1966 women's tournament. The teams played one game for the national championship, which ÍR won 28-18.
- Þór, which won the Norðurland's group, was slated to face KFÍ, which had won the Vesturland's group, in a game for the national championship. KFÍ forfeited the game.
- ÍS an KR where tied at the end of the season and had to play an extra game for the national championship. ÍS won the game 62-51.
- ÍS, Haukar and Keflavík all finished with 11-4 record but ÍS had a better winning percent in games against the other two.
Titles per club
|3||Ármann, ÍS, Snæfell, Þór Akureyri|
|1||Breiðablik, Grindavík, Njarðvík, Skallagrímur, Valur|
Awards and honors
Domestic All-First Team
The Women's Domestic All-First Team is an annual Úrvalsdeild honor bestowed on the best players in the league following every season.
Domestic Player of the Year
Foreign Player of the Year
Úrvalsdeild Women's Playoffs MVP
Úrvalsdeild Playoffs MVP award is awarded annually to the player judged most valuable to his team during the Úrvalsdeild playoffs.
Defensive Player of the Year
Newcomer of the Year
Coach of the Year
- Reglugerð um körfuknattleiksmót
- Næsti skammtur af yfirferð á samþykktum ársþings KKÍ
- Ágúst Ásgeirsson (11 March 2007). Heil öld til heilla - Saga ÍR í 100 ár (PDF). Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur. p. 562. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "ÍR meistari í kvennaflokki". Vísir (in Icelandic). 30 April 1966. p. 11. Retrieved 8 August 2019.
- Skapti Hallgrímsson (2001). Leikni framar líkamsburðum. Icelandic Basketball Federation. p. 125. ISBN 9979-60-630-4.
- "Fríður ÍR-hópur". Morgunblaðið (in Icelandic). 25 February 1975. p. 18. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- Skapti Hallgrímsson (2001). Leikni framar líkamsburðum. Icelandic Basketball Federation. p. 176. ISBN 9979-60-630-4.
- Skapti Hallgrímsson (2001). Leikni framar líkamsburðum. Icelandic Basketball Federation. p. 258. ISBN 9979-60-630-4.
- "Breiðablik meistari í fyrstu tilraun!". Morgunblaðið (in Icelandic). 5 April 1995. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- Blöndal, Björn (5 April 1995). "Nýliðarnir fögnuðu meistaratitlinum". Morgunblaðið (in Icelandic). Retrieved 11 August 2017.