Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2
|Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2|
|Directed by||Luv Ranjan|
|Produced by||Abhishek Pathak|
|Written by||Rahul Mody, Tarun Jain and Luv Ranjan|
Ishita Raj Sharma
|Music by||Background Score:|
|Cinematography||Sudhir K Choudhary|
|Edited by||Akiv Ali|
|Distributed by||Panorama Studios|
|Box office||₹88 crores|
Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (transl. Postmortem of love 2) is a 2015 Hindi romantic comedy film, it is a sequel to the 2011 film Pyaar Ka Punchnama. The sequel is directed by Luv Ranjan and produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures and Panorama Studios Production. The film stars Kartik Aaryan, Omkar Kapoor, Sunny Singh, Nushrat Bharucha, Ishita Raj Sharma and Sonnalli Seygall. The film was released on 16 October 2015 with mixed reviews from critics and it emerged as a commercial success at the box office.
Anshul a.k.a. Gogo (Kartik Aaryan), Siddharth a.k.a. Chauka (Sunny Nijar) and Tarun a.k.a. Thakur (Omkar Kapoor) are flatmates and best friends. Gogo meets Ruchika a.k.a. Chiku (Nushrat Bharucha) and gives her his number. Siddharth ends up meeting Supriya (Sonnalli Seygall) at a family wedding and instantly falls for her. Thakur meets Kusum (Ishita Raj Sharma) while working out at the gym and they start seeing each other. The guys get into relationships with the girls. However, love gets lost in a while. Gogo disapproves of the proximity between Chiku and Sunny, her best friend. Siddharth helps Supriya and her family in their chores, but Supriya is not willing to take the relationship forward. Kusum does not support Thakur in his business adventure and is using him for her luxuries. After some time, Gogo finds out that Chiku always badmouths about him with her friends, Thakur has an argument with Kusum about his business and he realises that Kusum is selfish. Supriya's marriage is fixed with an NRI Pankaj, when her parents find out about Siddharth's love for her they disapprove the match. That night Supriya arrives and says she will only marry Siddharth, The following morning Supriya's father arrives with police. Supriya testifies against Siddharth due to her father's threatening. Siddharth explains to her father that he will never see Supriya again and she can marry Pankaj without expecting any hindrances from him in exchange for dropping the police case against him. All three boys leave the girls. The film ends with them acknowledging that the only place where they can get true love is from their mother.
- Kartik Aaryan as Anshul Sharma (Gogo)
- Omkar Kapoor as Tarun Thakur (Thakur)
- Sunny Singh as Siddharth (Chauka)
- Nushrat Bharucha as Ruchika "Chiku" Khanna
- Ishita Raj Sharma as Kusum
- Sonnalli Seygall as Supriya
- Sharat Saxena as Supriya's father
- Rumana Molla as Ruchi
- Karishma Sharma as Tina
- Mona Ambegaonkar as Supriya's mother
- Prakhar shukla as Ruchika’s bestfriend
- Rajan as Gift Delivery Man
|Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2|
|Soundtrack album by |
Hitesh Sonik and Sharib-Toshi
|Released||2 October 2015|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|1.||"Sharabi"||Late Akram Sabri, Danish Sabri||Sharib-Toshi||Sharib, Toshi & Raja Hasan||04:13|
|2.||"Paro"||Kumaar||Hitesh Sonik||Dev Negi, Shipra Goyal||04:27|
|3.||"Heeriye"||Hitesh Sonik||Hitesh Sonik||Mohit Chauhan||03:35|
|4.||"Moorakh"||Luv Ranjan||Hitesh Sonik||Divya Kumar||02:55|
The movie received generally mixed reviews where critics enjoyed the laughs but were disappointed at the over the top misogyny in the final act of the movie. Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN gave the movie 3 stars describing the movie as "The film is funnier and slightly less misogynistic than the prequel." He notes that "It’s in the last act that the film throws away any pretence of humor and adopts an especially spiteful tone that’s reminiscent of the earlier film. Until this point the jokes were consistently funny and the stereotyping seldom mean-spirited." Hindustan Times praised the performance of the actors, stating "All the actors fit perfectly into their characters: The boys effortlessly depict what men often discuss during boys’ talk and the girls play dumb as and when the character demands." The Hindu review stated "Carrying forward the flavour of the original, it is a film that many men make in their minds!" The Economic Times review mentioned "Sure, the film may resonate with the masochistic sorts who like taking a whipping in love or even those who enjoy a few laughs no matter the joke, but the rest can easily skip this one."
Like the 2011 prequel's famous monologue where Kartik Aaryan's character vents about the frustrations with dating women, this movie also delivered a seven minute long monologue which was one the highlights of the movie.
The film grossed ₹5.50–5.75 crore on its opening day, beating the records of Piku, Katti Batti and Jazbaa. By the end of the first weekend, a total of ₹22.40 crore (US$3.2 million) total had been collected. The film collected ₹39.25 crore (US$5.7 million) by the end of its opening week.
- "Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 May Appeal To Youth". Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- V Lakshmi (24 September 2014). "Battle of sexes continues in Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- "'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' review: The film is funnier and slightly less misogynistic than the prequel". News18. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 review: This sequel is hilarious". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Pyaar Ka Punchnama-2: New window, same view". The Hindu. 16 October 2015. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' review: May resonate with the masochistic sorts". The Economic Times. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Ankur Pathak. "Pyaar Ka Punchnama sequel to have 8 min long monologue". Mumbai Mirror. The Times of India.
- "Was tough to unlearn 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' monologue: Kartik Aaryan". The Indian Express. 18 September 2015.
- "Kartik Aaryan: Thankfully, people haven't yet called Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 misogynistic". intoday.in.
- "Boxoffice". Box Office India.
- "'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' opening day box office collection: Comedy film beats the records of 'Piku', 'Katti Batti' and others". International Business Times, India Edition. 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' 3-day box office collection: Comedy film beats the records of 'Hero' and 'PKP'". International Business Times, India Edition. 19 October 2015. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- "'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2' 7 day box office collection: 'PKP 2' beats 'Jazbaa' and 'TaLvar' 2 and 3 week records". International Business Times, India Edition. 23 October 2015.