5 / December 2016
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Qualitative data analysis, qualitative research|
QDA Miner is a mixed methods and qualitative data analysis software developed by Provalis Research. The program was designed to assist researchers in managing, coding and analyzing qualitative data.
QDA Miner was first released in 2004 after being developed by Normand Peladeau. The latest version 4 was released in December 2011. QDA Miner is a widely used software for qualitative research. It is used by market researchers, survey companies, government, education researchers, crime and fraud detection experts, journalists and others.
The data typically used with this qualitative research software comes from (among others), journal articles, script from TV or radio news, social media (such as Facebook, Twitter or reviews from websites), interviews or focus group transcripts and open-ended questions from surveys.
- QDA Miner 1: January 2004
- QDA Miner 2: June 2006
- QDA Miner 3: October 2007
- QDA Miner 4: December 2011
- QDA Miner 4 Lite: November 2012, a free variant of QDA Miner with reduced functionality 
- QDA Miner 5: December 2016
- Import different formats of documents and images: PDF, Word, Excel, HTML, RTF, SPSS files, JPEG, etc.
- Import data from Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, RSS feeds within the software
- Import from directly reference managers tools and emails
- Perform GIS mapping with qualitative data
- Text retrieval tools: Keyword Retrieval, Query-by-Example, Cluster Extraction.
- Statistical functions: Coding frequencies, cluster analysis, coding sequences, coding by variables.
- Visualization tools: multidimensional scaling, heatmaps, correspondence analysis graphic, proximity plot.
- GeoTagging (GIS) and Time-Tagging tools
- Report manager tool to store queries and analysis results, tables and graphs, research notes and quotes.