2.00f / Dec 2015
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS|
|Type||Qualitative data analysis, Text mining, Content analysis|
KH Coder is an open source software for computer assisted qualitative data analysis, particularly quantitative content analysis and text mining. It can be also used for computational linguistics. It supports processing of text in several languages, such as Japanese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
Its features include:
- on word-level: Searching, KWIC concordance, collocation statistics, and correspondence analysis.
- on category-level: Development of categories or dictionaries, cross tabulation, and correspondence analysis.
- on word- and category-level: Frequency lists, multi-dimensional scaling, co-occurrence network, and hierarchical cluster analysis.
- on document-level: Searching, clustering, and Naive Bayes classifier
KH Coder allows for further search and statistical analysis functions using back-end tools such as Stanford POS Tagger, the natural language processing toolkit FreeLing, Snowball stemmer, MySQL and R.
- qdap (Windows, Linux, macOS) for quantitative analysis of qualitative transcripts and natural language processing.