Quinn Do at the 2005 World Series of Poker
|Residence||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Born||October 9, 1975 (age 41)
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
Quinn Do (born October 9, 1975 in Vietnam) is an American professional poker player, a restaurant owner, and a World Series of Poker bracelet winner with multiple live tournament results adding up to over $2.5 million in career earnings.
Early Life and Career
Do was born in Vietnam and raised in Seattle, Washington after his family moved to the United States when he was 11 years old, Quinn majored in criminology at the University of Washington but he decided to quit college and went on to own two Vietnamese restaurant one located in Seattle and the other in the Metropolitan area of Los Angeles.
World Series of Poker
Do has 15 money finishes at the World Series of Poker (WSOP), including three final tables. On June 16 at the 2005 World Series of Poker he finished 5th in the $1,500 Limit Hold'em Shootout event, earning $34,465. Two days later, he won his first WSOP bracelet, earning an additional $265,975 in the $2,500 Limit Hold'em event.
World Series of Poker bracelets
|2005||$2,500 Limit Hold'em||$265,975|
|2015||$10,000 Dealers Choice Championship||$319,792|
World Poker Tour
Other poker events
Prior to becoming a WPT event in 2007, Do finished runner-up to Amnon Filippi at the first Bellagio Challenge Cup, earning $228,850, the final table including such notable names such as Jeff Shulman, Mimi Tran, Sam Grizzle, Scotty Nguyen, and Spider-Man famed actor Tobey Maguire, who finished in 8th place.
Do won the $3,000 No Limit Hold'em event at the Fourth Annual Five Diamond World Poker Classic in 2005 and finished 4th in the $1,500 No Limit Hold'em event at the Festa Al Lago V in 2006.
As of 2015, his total live tournament winnings exceed $2,500,000.
- "Poker Pros – Quinn Do". LaunchPoker. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- "Quinn Do – profile". worldpokertour.com. WPT Enterprises, Inc. Archived from the original on May 19, 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- "Tournament Report – Do takes the Dough". pokerpages.com. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- Butt, Robert. "Quinn Do – Results". The Hendon Mob. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- "2005 Bellagio Challenge Cup – results". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- Butt, Robert. "Quinn Do – Stats". The Hendon Mob. Retrieved 2008-05-26.