||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
December 5, 1976 |
In CQC's September 19, 2011 live broadcast, Bastos made an allegedly dark humor joke about singer Wanessa; when Marcelo Tas, the show's main host, remarked how beautiful the singer looked pregnant, Bastos replied: "Muito. Comeria ela e o bebê." ("Absolutely. I'd do her and the baby"). The joke caused controversy among audiences and was taken with severe criticism. Following the next broadcast on September 26, Bastos was suspended from the show and has not yet returned. He was rumoured to have asked his resignation on his contract, but the fact was not confirmed. On October 13, Wanessa and her husband Marcus Buaiz sued Bastos for R$100,000 claiming personal injury, as well as initiated a criminal lawsuit against him.
Currently he is a Stand-Up Comedian and a YouTuber.
- Official Site (In Portuguese)
- (Portuguese) Rafinha Bastos on Twitter
- (English) Rafinha Bastos on Twitter
- (English) Rafinha Bastos at the Internet Movie Database
- "Transmissão Ao vivo". Entretenimento Band.com.br. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "A Liga" - Rafinha Bastos in Band TV
- A Better Way To Measure Twitter Influence
- "Rafinha Bastos: The Most Influential Person on Twitter". The Atlantic. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "Brazil's Twitter King Bastos Keeps It Real With $4,000 Tweets - WIRED". WIRED. 29 March 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- "F5 - Colunistas - Alberto Pereira Jr - Wanessa quer Rafinha Bastos na cadeia - 19/10/2011". F5 - O site de entretenimento da Folha. Retrieved 20 May 2015.