|Born||July 3, 1985|
|World Series of Poker|
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
|Born||July 3, 1985|
|Games||Marvel vs. Capcom |
Randy "nanonoko" Lew (born July 3, 1985) is an American professional poker and competitive fighting game player who has earned over $2,600,000 playing poker on PokerStars. He is known for his ability to play 24 tables at the same time amassing over 4 millions hands playing under the alias nanonoko.
Early life and education
Lew grew up in Sacramento, California. In middle school through college Lew played fighting games such as Marvel vs. Capcom, Street Fighter, and Tekken competitively. He finished 5th in the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 event at Evolution Championship Series (EVO) in 2003 and 2004. He attended the University of California, Davis and has a bachelor's degree in managerial economics.
Lew transitioned to poker in college. He was not successful at first making multiple deposits. Slowly he learned what works and what did not. He added more tables as times progressed and was playing up to 24 tables at the same time earning him SuperNova Elite four times.
Lew has been described as a hardworking grinder who rarely plays above $5/$10. Unlike most players who move up after beating certain stakes, Lew chose to add more tables. He has amassed over $2,600,000 playing low to mid-stakes. On May 4, 2012 while playing in Vancouver, Canada Lew set a Guinness World Record for the 'Most hands of online poker played in 8 hours' playing 14,548 hands and ending with a profit of $20.72 .
As of 2018, his total live tournament winnings exceed $1,400,000.
Randy Lew is currently one of the most popular poker player streaming his sessions on Twitch.
In March 2018, Randy Lew announced his engagement to the Chinese professional poker player and PokerStars Team Member Celina Lin. They travel around together for poker competitions, and have been seen at the 2018 EPT in Monaco.
- "Randy Lew". Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- Firpo, Ryan (February 28, 2011). "I AM NANONOKO". PokerStars. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Most hands of online poker played in eight hours". Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- Teemu (January 9, 2012). "Randy "nanonoko" Lew sets Guinness World Record at the 2012 PCA". HighStakesDB. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- lichter (November 24, 2016). "Introducing: Liquid`nanonoko". Liquidhearth. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Team Pros Celina Lin and Randy Lew announce engagement (proving you can find love at the poker table)". PokerStars. March 6, 2018. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- "Catching up with online poker legend Randy "nanonoko" Lew - Somuchpoker". somuchpoker.com. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
|This article article related to an esports player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This poker-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|