Ricardo Domingos Barbosa Pereira
|Full name||Ricardo Domingos Barbosa Pereira|
|Date of birth||6 October 1993|
|Place of birth||Lisbon, Portugal|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Winger / Fullback|
|Nice (on loan from Porto)|
|2015–||→ Nice (loan)||26||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 May 2016.
Ricardo Domingos Barbosa Pereira (born 6 October 1993), known simply as Ricardo, is a Portuguese footballer who plays for French club OGC Nice on loan from FC Porto as a winger but also as a fullback.
Born in Lisbon, Ricardo began playing youth football with local C.F. Benfica, signing in 2010 with Associação Naval 1º de Maio. He moved to Vitória S.C. after only one year, completing his formation with the Guimarães-based club.
On 1 April 2012, Ricardo made his first-team – and Primeira Liga – debut, playing 12 minutes in a 3–1 home win against F.C. Paços de Ferreira. He scored six goals in as many games in the 2012–13 edition of the Portuguese Cup, including the 2–1 winner in the final against S.L. Benfica as the Minho Province side won the tournament for the first time in its history.
On 16 April 2013, before the season was over, Ricardo agreed to join FC Porto on 1 July, moving alongside teammate Tiago Rodrigues. He alternated constantly between the first and the second teams during his early tenure, also being reconverted into a fullback by manager Paulo Fonseca.
Ricardo gained 35 caps for Portugal at youth level, scoring 12 goals. He was part of the under-21 squad that finished second at the 2015 UEFA European Championship, contributing with four starting appearances and netting in the 5–0 semi-final drubbing of Germany.
Ricardo was called up to the full side for the second time on 6 November 2015, ahead of friendlies against Russia and Luxembourg. He made his debut in the former match, featuring eight minutes in the 0–1 loss in Krasnodar.
- As of 20 March 2016
- Vitória Guimarães
- "Júnior Ricardito em Guimarães" [Junior Ricardito in Guimarães] (in Portuguese). O Navalista. 27 July 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2012.
- "Ricardo brace puts Vitória Guimarães in pole position to make Jamor". PortuGOAL. 27 March 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Guimarães claim famous cup win". PortuGOAL. 26 May 2013. Archived from the original on September 25, 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Ricardo e Tiago Rodrigues reforçam dragões" [Ricardo and Tiago Rodrigues strengthen dragons] (in Portuguese). Record. 16 April 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Ricardo Pereira (FC Porto) prêté deux ans à Nice" [Ricardo Pereira (FC Porto) loaned two years to Nice] (in French). L'Équipe. 31 August 2015. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Five-goal Portugal stun Germany in semi-finals". UEFA.com. 27 June 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- "Portugal gives Ronaldo a rest, calls up newcomers for games". USA Today. 6 November 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- "Rússia vence Portugal em Krasnodar" [Russia beats Portugal in Krasnodar] (in Portuguese). UEFA.com. 14 November 2015. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Ricardo Pereira". Soccerway. Retrieved 21 June 2013.