|Full name||Rúben dos Santos Gato Alves Dias|
|Date of birth||14 May 1997|
|Place of birth||Amadora, Portugal|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2006–2008||Estrela da Amadora|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08:33, 15 March 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 November 2018
Born in Amadora, Dias started his career at local club Estrela da Amadora, before moving to Benfica's youth academy in 2008, where he played for the junior side until 2015. In the same year, on 30 September, he made his professional debut with Benfica B in a 2015–16 LigaPro match against Chaves. On 7 March 2016, Rui Vitória called eighteen-year-old Dias for Benfica's Champions League Round of 16 second leg tie against Zenit after three of his four main centre-backs were unable to make the trip to Russia. The following season he helped the B team finish fourth; the club's highest ever position obtained in the second division. He also helped the junior team reach the final of the 2016–17 UEFA Youth League.
On 16 September 2017, he debuted for the first team in a Primeira Liga match against Boavista. After two months of impressive displays, including two games against Manchester United in the Champions League, he underwent surgery due to appendicitis, sidelining him for a month. He scored his first goal for Benfica in a Taça da Liga encounter (2–2) against Vitória de Setúbal on 29 December 2017. On 3 February 2018, he scored his first goal in the Primeira Liga against Rio Ave (5–1). At the end of the season, he was voted Primeira Liga's best young player of the year.
Dias represented the Under-17 side at the 2014 Under-17 Euro. Two years later, he captained the Under-19 squad at the 2016 Under-19 Euro. The following year he captained the Under-20 side at the 2017 U-20 World Cup. On 5 September 2017, he made his debut for the Under-21s in a 2019 Euro qualifying match against Wales.
Dias was called up to the senior side by Portugal manager Fernando Santos on 15 March 2018, ahead of international friendlies against Egypt and the Netherlands. However, four days later he was dropped from the squad after picking up right ankle sprain. On 17 May 2018, Dias was named in Portugal's 23-man squad for the FIFA World Cup in Russia. Eleven days later, he made his international debut in a friendly against Tunisia. Despite being present at the World Cup, he did not feature in any of Portugal's four matches in the competition.
- As of match played 14 March 2019
|Benfica B||2015–16||Segunda Liga||25||0||—||25||0|
- As of match played 17 November 2018
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2016
- Cosme Damião Award - Revelation of the Year: 2017
- Primeira Liga's best Young Player of the Year: 2017–18
- Portuguese Golden Globes 2018 - Best Newcomer nomination
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia: List of players" (PDF). FIFA. 10 June 2018. p. 23. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- "Chaves 1–1 Benfica B". zerozero. 30 September 2015.
- "Rui Vitória leva Rúben Dias na comitiva para a Champions". Diário de Notícias. 7 March 2016. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Salzburg succeed Chelsea as Youth League winners". UEFA.com. 24 April 2017. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "Benfica boss talks up talents of young Man Utd target". TeamTalk. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "Ruben Dias underwent surgery and will be out of Benfica's squad". SLBenfica.pt. 17 November 2017. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Rúben Dias cabeceou para a igualdade no Bonfim". Noticias Ao Minuto. 29 December 2017. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- GOL: RUBEN DIAS 83' SL BENFICA 4-1 RIO AVE FC; SLBenfica.pt, 3 February 2018
- "Liga: Rúben Dias vence prémio de jogador jovem do ano". Maisfutebol. 6 July 2018. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
- "Rúben Dias Renova até 2023". A Bola. 22 August 2018. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- "Benfica: Rúben Dias tem entorse, seleção decide dispensa". Maisfutebol. 19 March 2018. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- Revealed: Every World Cup 2018 squad - Final 23-man lists Goal
- Nearly half Portugal's Euro squad to miss World Cup SBS News
- Portugal-Tunísia (equipas): Ruben Dias estreia-se na seleção A; Maisfutebol, 28 May 2018
- Rúben Dias FIFA
- Rúben Dias at ForaDeJogo. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "Rúben Dias". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "Team of the Tournament" (PDF). UEFA.[dead link]
- "Gala Benfica Galardões Cosme Damião". S.L. Benfica (in Portuguese). 22 March 2018. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "XXIII Gala dos Globos de Ouro: Revelação do Ano". Caras. Retrieved 2018-08-06.