Richard Somerset Houlston|
July 10, 1956
|Alma mater||Imperial College London|
|Institutions||Institute of Cancer Research|
Houlston graduated BSc, MB BS from Charing Cross Hospital Medical School, University of London and was subsequently awarded MD and PhD degrees from the University of London and a DSc from Imperial College, London.
Research and career
The main focus of his research is the identification and characterisation of genetic susceptibility to cancer.
Awards and honours
He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) and a Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (FRCPath), and was elected a Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences (FMedSci) in 2010 and a Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS) in 2017.
- Anon (2018). Houlston, Prof. Richard Somerset. ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.265605. (subscription required)
- "Professor Richard Houlston".
- Richard Houlston Entry at ORCID
- "Imperial College London DSc Awards".
- Richard Houlston publications indexed by Google Scholar
- "The Academy of Medical Sciences Fellow, Prof. Richard Houlston". 2017.
- "The Royal Society Fellows Directory".
|This biographical article about a scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|