|Born||Christopher Michael Bishop
7 April 1959 
Natural language processing
|Thesis||The semi-classical technique in field theory: some applications (1983)|
|Doctoral advisor||David Wallace
|Doctoral students||Neil Lawrence|
|Known for||Royal Institution Christmas Lectures (2008)|
Christopher Michael Bishop (born 7 April 1959) FREng, FRSE, is the Laboratory Director at Microsoft Research Cambridge and professor of Computer Science at the University of Edinburgh and a Fellow of Darwin College, Cambridge.
Chris obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Physics from St Catherine's College, Oxford, and a PhD in Theoretical Physics from the University of Edinburgh, with a thesis on quantum field theory. 
- BISHOP, Prof. Christopher Michael. Who's Who 2015 (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. (subscription required)
- Christopher Bishop at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Lawrence, Neil (2001). Variational inference in probabilistic models (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge.
- "Christmas Lectures 2008 - Hi-tech Trek by Christopher Bishop".
- Royal Institution Christmas Lectures
- "Microsoft Research Cambridge".