From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||September 14, 1950
|Institutions||The Australian National University
Portland State University
University of Vermont
University of Maryland
Louisiana State University
|Alma mater||University of Florida|
|Doctoral advisor||H.T. Odum|
|Known for||Founder of International Society for Ecological Economics & Ecological Economics journal, Founding Editor-in-Chief of Solutions Journal|
|Notable awards||Kellogg National Fellow
- 1991, Ecological economics: The science and management of sustainability.
- 1992, with Bryan Norton and Ben Haskell,Ecosystem health: new goals for environmental management.
- 1996, with Olman Segura and Juan Martinez-Alier, Getting down to earth: practical applications of ecological economics
- 1997, with John Cumberland, Herman Daly, Robert Goodland and Richard Norgaard, An Introduction to Ecological Economics
- 2000, with Tom Prugh and Herman Daly, The local politics of global sustainability.
- 2007, with Lisa Graumlich and Will Steffen, Sustainability or Collapse? An Integrated History and Future of People on Earth.
- 1996, Costanza, R. Ecological economics: reintegrating the study of humans and nature. Ecological Applications 6:978-990 (1996)
- 1997, Costanza et al. The value of the world's ecosystem services and natural capital. Nature 387:253-260 (1997)
- 1998, Costanza et al. Principles for sustainable governance of the oceans. Science 281:198-199 (1998)
- 2008, Costanza, R. Stewardship for a “Full” World. Current History (January 2008) An excellent six-page (including a concise chart) exposition of ecological economics.
- 2010, Costanza et al. The perfect spill: solutions for averting the next Deepwater Horizon, The Solutions Journal
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Robert Costanza|