This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||October 19, 1957|
|Spouse(s)||Cheryl Tiegs (1998–2001) |
Gina D'Orazio (2006–present)
|Parent(s)||Joseph and Marion Gross|
Yogarupa Rod Stryker (born October 19, 1957) is the founder of ParaYoga® and the author of The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity, and Freedom. He has been teaching since 1982, dedicating his life to improving lives through his lectures, writing, creativity, leadership, service and family life.
Stryker began studying and practicing yoga at the age nineteen. Two years later, he began studying with Yoga master, Kavi Yogiraj Mani Finger and his son, Yogiraj Alan Finger and achieved the title Yogiraj, or master of Yoga. In 1999, Stryker was initiated into the tantric tradition of Sri Vidya, by his current teacher, Pandit Rajmani Tigunait Ph.D., spiritual head of the Himalayan Institute. Stryker serves on several Advisory Boards, including the Kripalu Institute for Extraordinary Living, and the Give Back Yoga Foundation. Rod is currently a featured faculty member of Yoga International.
- Stryker, Rod (July 26, 2011). The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity, and Freedom. Delacorte Press. p. 400. ISBN 0-553-80398-0.
- Meditations for Inner & Outer Peace (Audio, 76 minutes)
- Meditations for Life (Audio, 73 minutes)
- Relax Into Greatness (Audio, 88 minutes)
- Tantra: The Radiant Soul of Yoga (Audio 23-CD set)
- Unlimited access to an ever-expanding library of meditations and Enlightened Sleep practices.
- Audio recordings of yoga practices to prepare for meditation and/or Enlightened Sleep.
- Exclusive access to The Rod Pod, inspiring and informative talks on practice and life.
- Exclusive access to Rod’s feed and livestream.
- Sanctuary’s Community page, where you can share your comments and experiences and be part of a global community of other dedicated practitioners.
- Friends & Messages feature, where members can friend each other and send one-to-one or group messages.
- A Courses section where you can listen (for free) to shorter programs or purchase longer, previously recorded ParaYoga trainings and workshops with Rod.
- As a subscriber you will automatically be part of our “Get One, Give One” program. Sanctuary will give one subscription to an individual in one of five different communities facing significant challenges. Subscriptions are given on a sequential basis only.
- Elevate your own wellbeing and do the same for someone else in need.
- "The Challis Messenger Online". challismessenger.com. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "learn/rodstrykerbio". parayoga.com. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Anderson, Diane. "YJ Interview: Bold Soul". YogaJournal.
- "Kripalu - Kripalu Institute for Extraordinary Living". kripalu.org. Retrieved 18 January 2014.