Rodna National Park
|Rodna National Park|
|Parcul Național Rodna|
|Area||46.599 hectares (115.15 acres)|
|Established||2000, designation in 1990|
The Rodna National Park (Romanian: Parcul Naţional Rodna) is a protected area (national park category II IUCN) situated in Romania, in the administrative territory of counties Bistriţa-Năsăud, Maramureş and Suceava.
The Rodna National Park with an area of 46.599 was declared natural protected area by the Law Number 5 of March 6, 2000 (published in Monitorul Oficial Number 152 of April 12, 2000) and represents a mountainous area (ridges, mountain peaks, cirques, crevasses, caves, moraines, springs, valleys, forests and pastures) what shelters a large variety of flora and fauna species (some of by law protected).
Natural reserves included in park: Poiana cu narcise de pe Masivul Saca (5 ha), Ineu-Lala (2.568 ha) and Izvoarele Mihăiesei (50 ha) in Bistrița-Năsăud county; Izvorul Bătrâna (0,50 ha), Pietrosu Mare (scientific reservation 3.300 ha) and Piatra Rea (scientific reservation 409 ha) in Maramureș county; and Bila-Lala (325,10 ha) in Suceava county.
- eunis.eea.europa.eu - Rodna National Park (location; retrieved on June 15, 2012
- protectedplanet.net - Rodna National Park (location); retrieved on June 15, 2012
- (in Romanian) romaniaturistica.ro - Rarcul Naţional Rodna; retrieved on June 15, 2012
- (in Romanian) cdep.ro - Legea Nr.5 din 6 martie 2000, publicată în Monitorul Oficial al României Nr.152 din 12 aprilie 2000; retrieved on June 15, 2012
- (in Romanian) apmbn.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Bistri-a-Năsăud; retrieved on June 15, 2012
- (in Romanian) apmmm.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Maramureş; retrieved on June 15, 2012
- (in Romanian) apmsv.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Suceava; retrieved on June 15, 2012