|Genres||electronic, world, new age, dance, classical, folk|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, composer, filmmaker, record producer, music director, arranger, entrepreneur, computer engineer|
|Instruments||Vocals, tabla, percussions, strings, keyboard, piano|
|Labels||RJ Productions International|
Rupam Sarmah is a musician, filmmaker, entrepreneur, author, and computer scientist. Rupam is a Guinness World Records® holder, #1 Billboard Artist in World Music chart (Together in Peace, 2017) and The Telly Awards, Gold winner (One Little Finger, 2019). He has also directed feature films and documentaries.
As a Filmmaker, Producer and Director, Rupam has directed documentaries, short films, and feature films. He has worked with some of the award-winning artists and actors -- Siedah Garrett, Dan Aykroyd, Moloya Goswami, Tamela D'Amico, Abhinaya, Jaya Seal, Kushol Chakravarty, Asim Bose, Pabitra Rabha, Rituparna Sengupta, Debashree Roy, Paoli Dam, and others. Rupam is directing a feature film (English) - One Little Finger with a theme of Ability in Disability which has been completed and releasing in 2019.
Rupam has collaborated and recorded songs and music with award-winning artists such as Quincy Jones, Siedah Garrett, Kathy Sledge, Julian Lennon, Janis Ian, Kechi Okwuchi, Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Laura Sullivan, George Kahumoku, Jr., Cindy Paulos, Wouter Kellerman, Brian Vibberts, Ricky Kej, Sumitra Guha, Kevin Mackie, Alan Roy Scott, Udit Narayan, Babul Supriyo, Sadhna Sargam, Kumar Sanu, Rupankar, Subhamita, Swagatalakshmi Dasgupta, Usha Uthup, Anweshaa, Iman Chakraborty, and many others.
Sarmah and Sumitra Guha have represented India for Festival of India concerts in France (2018) organized by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India, and Embassy of India in Paris on the occasion of India’s 70th Independence. The theme of the project was A Musical Journey towards Rising India.
 Sarmah was born in Jorhat, Assam and was interested in music as a small child. He learnt Indian instruments and classical vocals during his time at Golaghat and Jorhat. He also continued to explore other fields such as film, sound engineering and music. Sarmah migrated to the United States after completing his BS in Engineering in India. He then earning his doctorate from George Washington University's School of Engineering and Applied Science with a dissertation in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Rupam completed his Master’s in Management, Master’s in Computer Science and Doctorate from US universities. In the US, he studied with Ali Akbar Khan, Hindustani classical maestro. Rupam is a Voting member of the Grammy Awards as a Musician, Producer and Engineer. Rupam and his family currently live in California.
- AUM - Blessings to Humanity - Music Video (track from AUM - The Divine Sound ; Music Directed and Produced by Rupam Sarmah) [2021, Sep 24]
- Enlighten Your Soul | Tribute to Gandhi, Mandela, MLK Jr.  - Music Video (Music Directed and Produced by Rupam Sarmah [Oct 2, 2021]
- One Little Finger (2019-2020) - Story, Screenplay and Direction by Sarmah (received multiple laurels worldwide; Best Film, Best Director, Best Inspirational Film, Best Score and others)
- Gumsum Gumsum  - Music Video (Singers: Anweshaa, Rupam; Music and Direction by Rupam Sarmah) 
- O Mor Axomi Aai (Love for my country)  - Music Video (Singer, Songwriter, Direction by Rupam Sarmah) 
- O Maa Desh Amar  (Singer: Iman Chakraborty, Music: Rupam Sarmah, Bengali Lyrics: Gautam Susmit) 
- Gulsher Music Video (produced by Rupam Sarmah and Sharif Awan)
- Together in Peace - Mandela Meets Gandhi (produced by Rupam Sarmah and Sharon Katz)
- We Are Love (900 Voices) - Music Video: Participated in Grammy® winning composer Laura Sullivan’s project 
- In Search of God - Film Director (Rupam's debut film as a director; BEST DOCUMENTARY AWARD, Indian Film Festival, Houston, Texas)
- In Search of God - Music Score, composer, Sound Design
- Sagar Kinare (Bengali) - Music Director
- Alor Thikana (Bengali) - Music Director
- A Musical Journey for World Peace - A Musical Concert Film, Directed by Rupam
- Majestic Assam - Music Video
- Story of Gulsher - Music Video
- Art of Healing - Documentary, produced by Rupam (portrait of an artist, Lisa Sniderman)
- AUM - The Divine Sound - Composed and Directed by Rupam Sarmah 
- AUM - ALOHA Blessings - Composed and Directed by Rupam Sarmah, feat. George Kahumoku, Jr., Cindy Paulos 
- One Little Finger (2019) - Rupam Sarmah featuring Quincy Jones, Siedah Garrett, Julian Lennon, Kechi Okwuchi, Vishwa Mohan Bhatt
- A Musical Journey towards Rising India (2018) - Produced by Padmashri Sumitra Guha and Rupam Sarmah; Music Direction by Rupam Sarmah
- A Musical Journey: Together in Peace (2017) - album composed, directed, produced by Sarmah
- The Song Unsung (2016) - vocals by Janis Ian and Sarmah (words by Tagore, music inspired by Borgeet 'Pawe Pori Hori')
- Story of Gulsher (2016) - a collaboration between India and Pakistan produced and composed by Sarmah
- Mandela Meets Gandhi (2016) - a collaboration with Sharon Katz and The Peace Train (South Africa)
- Action Moves People United (September 2016) - album with Dan Aykroyd, Kathy Sledge, Julian Lennon, Alan White, Annie Haslam, Lillias White, and others (Sarmah as Co-Producer, Singer, Composer, Engineer)
- Arise Above Abuse (Spoken Word and Music Album by Cindy Paulos and others) 
- Sounds from the Circle - New Age Album - compilation 
- OMKARA – The Sound of Divine Love (World Music Project based on Chakra and healing music) – Directed and Produced by Rupam (feat. Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Sumitra Guha, Laura Sullivan, and others) 
- Talk to God (Contemporary Gospel song blended with Borgeet 'gopale ki goti'), Rupam Sarmah and Nona Brown, Singer and Composer 
- Angel Blessings (Benefiting Hospice): Take in a Deep Breath of Heaven (Rupam Sarmah and Nona Brown) 
- In Search of God - Singer, Direction and Score
- Sagar Kinare (Bengali) - Singer and Music Director
- Hits of Rupam - Singer and composer
- Priyam (Assamese) - Singer and composer
- Gems of Bishnu Rabha, vol 1, 2, 3 (iTunes) - Sound Design
- Geetali (Assamese) - Singer and composer
- Piya Re (Hindi) - Singer and composer
- Praner Gaan - Singer and Composer
- Sylvan Rhapsody of Assam (iTunes) - Sound Design
- Sangeetpremee - Singer and composer
- My Love Is You - Singer and composer
- Music Film (world record concert) – A Musical Journey for World Peace by Rupam and his team
- Bengali Album (Banjara)
- Bishnuprasadar Prosad (book – published) (assisted Dilip K. Datta, URI, USA)
- Bhupen Hazarikar Geet aru Jeevan Roth – (assisted Dilip K. Datta, URI, USA), published 2014
Sarmah founded the One Little Finger Foundation, Idea Incubation, and media production house maZumba for collaborative content creation. He has worked on a number of projects with organizations including UNESCO-USFUCA, Prerona Spastic Society, Manovikas - Welfare and Rehabilitation Center for the Children with Special Needs, Bhupen Hazarika Foundation.
Sarmah is a producer and board member on the World Peace Project, Freedom from Biases, Together in Peace and Action Moves People United (AMPU) with UNESCO Center for Peace, World Genesis Foundation, UNESCO USA. The Project was announced by Guy Djoken, President of UNESCO USA and Heather Caton, Secretary General and President of World Genesis Foundation, on July 17, 2015, in Frederick, Maryland, during the first Nelson Mandela Day.
One Little Finger , written and directed by Sarmah, has received worldwide recognitions with numerous awards - Best Feature Film, Best Inspirational Film, Best Director, Best Score and others. One Little Finger was in Oscar 2019 race for Best Film, Best Score, Best Song categories.
Sarmah has received a number of awards and recognitions for his music and film. His documentary feature film In Search Of God was also included in the long nominations for Original Music Score in Oscar 2011 race. His research-based world music project, OMKARA - The Sound of Divine Love and Gospel with Borgeet,Talk to God, have received nominations in Hollywood Music in Media Awards 2014. OMKARA was listed in Top 10 Radio Airplay Chart.
Action Moves People United, co-produced and engineered by Sarmah, made top-10 on the US Billboard Compilation Album chart.
Sarmah received an Award from Human Rights Organization (CPDR, India) as "Best Composer" in 2012 for his work as an Artist and outstanding contributions to the society.
Sarmah made a Guinness World Record on 24 February 2013 for his project 'A Musical Journey for World Peace' which united more than 500 participants from across the globe who played 315 kinds of musical instruments for world peace. The adjudicator Mr. Jack Brockbank from Guinness World Records declared it as a world record.
Sarmah received a "Human Rights Award 2016" in India on Dec 10, 2016 for his contributions towards social change advocating for peace and equality, and his involvement for the betterment of persons with disabilities.
Sarmah's composed song "Enlighten Your Soul" has received "Best Global Peace Song (World Music)" award in 2017.
A Musical Journey: TOGETHER IN PEACE album has made Top 10 (#1 - Nov 2017 World Music Chart) on the Billboard World Albums chart. Sarmah created history by becoming the first Assamese and also probably the first artist of Northeast origin to get his album featured in the Top #1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart. The symphony included original musical compositions blended with folk and world music such as Borgeet, Jatiya Sangeet 'O Moor Apunar Desh', Bihu, Rajasthani folk, Classical, etc.
- "World Record".
- "Rupam Sarmah - Eclectic Northeast". Eclectic Northeast. 17 March 2018. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Video: Hundreds help set most instruments used in a piece of music world record in India". Guinness World Records. 5 April 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "One Little Finger - Rupam Sarmah".
- "Rupam Sarmah, NY Times". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Archived from the original on 11 April 2013. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- One Little Finger, retrieved 2 March 2019
- "Persons with Disabilities tell their own story on celluloid - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- One Little Finger (2 April 2019), One Little Finger | Trailer, retrieved 6 April 2019
- BWW News Desk. "Action Moves People United Celebrates Album Release in Harlem". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "Omkara: The Sound of Divine Love by Rupam Sarmah - Album Review". mainlypiano.com. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "Together in Peace – Rupam Sarmah". Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "Humble gagana in Hollywood gig - Software engineer from Assam ties up with Top Gun composer for fusion album". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "Trailer". OLF Foundation. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "Rising India – Rupam Sarmah". Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Hearing impaired girl acting in an English film".
- "One Little Finger (Screenplay)".
- "Persons with Disabilities tell their own story on celluloid - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- "Assam filmmaker Rupam Sarmah wins three awards at Telly Awards in US".
- "One Little Finger News".
- "We are Love - Music Video".
- "ISOG in iTunes".
- "ISOG Soundtracks".
- "A Musical Journey for World Peace".
- "Rupam Sarmah brings Chanting and Healing Energies from Around the World with the Power of Music". www.wicz.com. Retrieved 3 October 2021.
- "Action Moves People United » Artists". www.actionmovespeopleunited.org. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "New Age Musik".
- "Omkara | The Sound of Divine Love". Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Omkara Store".
- "Talk to God". 2014.
- "Angel Blessings".
- "In Search of God on iTunes".
- The Assam Tribune. "An international platform for regional musicians". =The Assam Tribune. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Jorhat NGO gets new building". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Global online Bhupendra Sangeet competition".
- "Nostalgia at online Bhupendra Sangeet".
- "Oscar eligible best picture".
- Locker, Melissa. "WATCH: Indian Symphony Breaks World Record For Most Instruments in a Piece of Music". Time. ISSN 0040-781X. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Indian Film Festival of Houston".
- The Assam Tribune. "Hollywood film on Majuli". =The Assam Tribune. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "97 original scores in oscar 2011 race". Oscar press release. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Imdb Profile of Rupam Sarmah". IMDb. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Hollywood Music in Media Awards nominations 2014".
- "World Top 100 Radio Chart".
- The Assam Tribune. "Jorhat musical performance gets into Guinness World Records". The Assam Tribune. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "unescousa". unescousa. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "UNESCO Center for Peace". www.unescocenterforpeace.org. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Together in Peace – Rupam Sarmah". www.rupamsarmah.net. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Songs of Assamese origin top Billboard World Chart; Thanks to Rupam Sarmah!". The North East Today. 26 October 2017. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Assamese Composer enters Top #2 in Billboard World Music Chart". sevendiary.com. Retrieved 8 November 2017.