|Genres||electronic, world, new age, dance, classical, folk|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, composer, filmmaker, record producer, music director, arranger, entrepreneur, computer engineer|
|Instruments||Vocals, tabla, percussions, strings, keyboard, piano|
|Labels||RJ Productions International|
Rupam Sarmah was born in Jorhat, Assam. Rupam is a music director, filmmaker, composer, singer, entrepreneur and a computer scientist. Rupam is a Guinness World Records® holder and #1 Billboard Artist in World Music chart (Together in Peace, 2017). Rupam has directed music and film productions in the USA and India. He has also directed feature films and documentaries.
Rupam migrated to the United States after completing his BS in Engineering in India. Dr. Rupam Sarmah earned his Doctorate Degree from George Washington University, School of Engineering and Applied Science, with a dissertation in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Rupam completed his Master’s in Management, Master’s in Computer Science from Western Michigan University, USA. Dr. Rupam Sarmah's AI research will give insights into human behaviors and possible early intervention in autism, mental health, and other diseases. As an Engineer, Executive, and media professional, Rupam has worked for successful technology startups to top media companies holding Senior Management positions worldwide at Apple Inc. and other companies, designing computer systems and products.
Dr. Sarmah has collaborated and recorded songs and music with artists including Dan Aykroyd, Kathy Sledge, Julian Lennon, Janis Ian, Sharon Katz and The Peace Train, May Pang, Kechi Okwuchi, Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Laura Sullivan, Wouter Kellerman, John Wetton, Patric Moraz, Fiona Joy, Brian Vibberts, Ricky Kej, Sumitra Guha, Subhen Chatterjee, Alan Roy Scott, Ken Koshio, Kevin Mackie, Nona Brown, Udit Narayan, Babul Supriyo, Sadhna Sargam, Kumar Sanu, Poornima, Rupankar, Subhamita, Swagatalakshmi Dasgupta, Usha Uthup, Anweshaa and many others. He is the founder of social enterprises - One Little Finger Foundation, Idea Incubation, and media production house maZumba for collaborative content creation. In association with maZumba media and entertainment, Rupam has worked on a number of local and international projects including UNESCO-USFUCA, Prerona Spastic Society, Manovikas - Welfare and Rehabilitation Center for the Children with Special Needs, Bhupen Hazarika Foundation.
Rupam is continuing to work on the World Peace Project, Freedom from Biases, Together in Peace and Action Moves People United (AMPU) with UNESCO Center for Peace, World Genesis Foundation, UNESCO USA as a Producer and Board member in collaboration with artists, authors, and organizations from all around the world. The Project was announced by Guy Djoken, President of UNESCO USA and Heather Caton, Secretary General and President of World Genesis Foundation, on July 17, 2015 in Frederick, Maryland, near Washington D.C., during the first Historic International Nelson Mandela Day for Peace, Justice and Democracy. Some of the people that Rupam collaborated with are Dan Aykroyd, Siedah Garret, Kathy Sledge, Julian Lennon, Janis Ian, Sharon Katz, DJ Mbenga, Steve Walsh, Colin Andrews, Cosmonaut Dumitru Prunariu and many others.
 Originally from Assam but currently based in California, Rupam has been interested in music from the time he was a small child. He learnt Indian instruments and classical vocals during his time at Golaghat and Jorhat. Although he was always passionate about music, he also took his education seriously. He also continued to explore other fields such as film, sound engineering and music. In the US, his guru was none other than Ali Akbar Khan, Hindustani classical maestro. Over the years, Rupam has found success in many different fields. Rupam is a Voting member of Grammy® as a Musician, Producer and Engineer. Rupam and his family currently live in California.
As a Filmmaker, Producer and Director, Rupam has directed documentaries, short films, and feature films. He has worked with some of the award-winning artists and actors -- Siedah Garrette, Dan Aykroyd, Moloya Goswami, Tamela D'Amico, Abhinaya, Jaya Seal, Kushol Chakravarty, Asim Bose, Pabitra Rabha, Rituparna Sengupta, Debashree Roy and others. Rupam is directing a feature film (English) - One Little Finger with a theme of Ability in Disability which is expected to be released in 2018.
Sumitra Guha and Rupam Sarmah have represented India for Festival of India concerts in France (2018) organized by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India, and Embassy of India in Paris on the occasion of India’s 70th Independence.  The theme of the project was A Musical Journey towards Rising India.
Rupam’s goal is to uplift consciousness in the world with creative work that delivers the message of Humanity, Love, and Peace to inspire social change. Rupam's Omkara Music Therapy, a research-based project, is being used at a number of institutions helping people and kids with disabilities relieving pain, mental condition, and depression.
Rupam has received a number of awards and recognitions for his music and film. His documentary feature film In Search Of God was also included in the long nominations for Original Music Score in Oscar 2011 race. His research-based world music project, OMKARA - The Sound of Divine Love and Gospel with Borgeet,Talk to God, have received nominations in Hollywood Music in Media Awards 2014. OMKARA was listed in Top 10 Radio Airplay Chart.
Action Moves People United, co-produced and engineered by Sarmah, made top-10 on the US Billboard Compilation Album chart.
Rupam received an Award from Human Rights Organization (CPDR, India) as "Best Composer" in 2012 for his work as an Artist and outstanding contributions to the society.
Sarmah made a Guinness World Record on 24 February 2013 for his project 'A Musical Journey for World Peace' which united more than 500 participants from across the globe who played 315 kinds of musical instruments for world peace. The adjudicator Mr. Jack Brockbank from Guinness World Records declared it as a world record.
Rupam Sarmah received an Award on July 17, 2016 in Washington D.C. from UNESCO USA - USFUCA, Unesco Center for Peace, as "Builder of the Universe" award with a title "Cross-Cultural Ambassador".
Rupam Sarmah received a "Human Rights Award 2016" in India on Dec 10, 2016 for his contributions towards social change advocating for peace and equality, and his involvement for the betterment of persons with disabilities.
Rupam's composed song "Enlighten Your Soul" has received "Best Global Peace Song (World Music)" award in 2017.
A Musical Journey: TOGETHER IN PEACE album has made Top 10 (#1 - Nov 2017 World Music Chart) on the Billboard World Albums chart. Rupam created history by becoming the first Assamese and also probably the first artist of Northeast origin to get his album featured in the Top #1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Work on film, Video
- One Little Finger (Screenplay) - Feature Film - Story, Screenplay and Direction by Rupam; Genre: Drama, Musical (English); Theme: Ability in Disability; expected release in 2018.
- Gulsher Music Video (produced by Rupam Sarmah and Sharif Awan)
- Together in Peace - Mandela Meets Gandhi (produced by Rupam Sarmah and Sharon Katz)
- We Are Love (900 Voices) - Music Video: Participated in Grammy® winning composer Laura Sullivan’s project 
- In Search of God - Film Director (Rupam's debut film as a Director; BEST DOCUMENTARY AWARD, Indian Film Festival, Houston, Texas)
- In Search of God - Music Score, composer, Sound Design
- Sagar Kinare (Bengali) - Music Director
- Alor Thikana (Bengali) - Music Director
- A Musical Journey for World Peace - A Musical Concert Film, Directed by Rupam
- Majestic Assam - Music Video
- Story of Gulsher - Music Video
Work on music
- A Musical Journey towards Rising India (2018) - Produced by Padmashri Sumitra Guha and Rupam Sarmah; Music Direction by Rupam Sarmah
- A Musical Journey: Together in Peace (2017) - album composed, directed, produced by Sarmah
- The Song Unsung (2016) - vocals by Janis Ian and Sarmah (words by Tagore, music inspired by Borgeet 'Pawe Pori Hori')
- Story of Gulsher (2016) - a collaboration between India and Pakistan produced and composed by Sarmah
- Mandela Meets Gandhi (2016) - a collaboration with Sharon Katz and The Peace Train (South Africa)
- Action Moves People United (September 2016) - album with Dan Aykroyd, Kathy Sledge, Julian Lennon, Alan White, Annie Haslam, Lillias White, and others (Sarmah as Co-Producer, Singer, Composer, Engineer)
- Arise Above Abuse (Spoken Word and Music Album by Cindy Paulos and others) 
- Sounds from the Circle - New Age Album - compilation 
- OMKARA – The Sound of Divine Love (World Music Project based on Chakra and healing music) – Directed and Produced by Rupam (feat. Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, Sumitra Guha, Laura Sullivan, and others) 
- Talk to God (Contemporary Gospel song blended with Borgeet 'gopale ki goti'), Rupam Sarmah and Nona Brown, Singer and Composer 
- Angel Blessings (Benefiting Hospice): Take in a Deep Breath of Heaven (Rupam Sarmah and Nona Brown) 
- In Search of God - Singer, Direction and Score
- Sagar Kinare (Bengali) - Singer and Music Director
- Hits of Rupam - Singer and composer
- Priyam (Assamese) - Singer and composer
- Gems of Bishnu Rabha, vol 1, 2, 3 (iTunes) - Sound Design
- Geetali (Assamese) - Singer and composer
- Piya Re (Hindi) - Singer and composer
- Praner Gaan - Singer and Composer
- Sylvan Rhapsody of Assam (iTunes) - Sound Design
- Sangeetpremee - Singer and composer
- My Love Is You - Singer and composer
- Music Film (world record concert) – A Musical Journey for World Peace by Rupam and his team
- Bengali Album (Banjara)
- Bishnuprasadar Prosad (book – published) (assisted Dilip K. Datta, URI, USA)
- Bhupen Hazarikar Geet aru Jeevan Roth – (assisted Dilip K. Datta, URI, USA), published 2014
- "World Record".
- "Rupam Sarmah - Eclectic Northeast". Eclectic Northeast. 2018-03-17. Retrieved 2018-05-14.
- "Rupam Sarmah, NY Times". New York Times. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- The Assam Tribune. "An international platform for regional musicians". =The Assam Tribune. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Global online Bhupendra Sangeet competition".
- "Nostalgia at online Bhupendra Sangeet".
- "Rising India – Rupam Sarmah". rupamsarmah.net. Retrieved 2018-05-14.
- The Assam Tribune. "Hollywood film on Majuli". =The Assam Tribune. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "97 original scores in oscar 2011 race". Oscar press release. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Imdb Profile of Rupam Sarmah". Imdb. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "OMKARA - The Sound of Divine Love".
- "Hollywood Music in Media Awards nominations 2014".
- "World Top 100 Radio Chart".
- The Assam Tribune. "Jorhat musical performance gets into Guinness World Records". The Assam Tribune. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "unescousa". unescousa. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "UNESCO Center for Peace". www.unescocenterforpeace.org. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "Together in Peace – Rupam Sarmah". www.rupamsarmah.net. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- "Assamese Composer enters Top #2 in Billboard World Music Chart". sevendiary.com. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- "Songs of Assamese origin top Billboard World Chart; Thanks to Rupam Sarmah!". The North East Today. 2017-10-26. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- "Hearing impaired girl acting in an English film".
- "One Little Finger (Screenplay)".
- "We are Love - Music Video".
- "ISOG in iTunes".
- "ISOG Soundtracks".
- "A Musical Journey for World Peace".
- "Action Moves People United » Artists". www.actionmovespeopleunited.org. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "New Age Musik".
- "OMKARA - The Sound of Divine Love". July 15, 2014.
- "Omkara Store".
- "Talk to God". 2014.
- "Angel Blessings".
- "In Search of God on iTunes".