S. J. Green
|No. 19 Toronto Argonauts|
|Date of birth||June 20, 1985|
|Place of birth||Tampa, Florida|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||216 lb (98 kg)|
|2010||New York Jets|
|Career highlights and awards|
|CFL East All-Star||2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015|
Solomon Junior Green (born June 20, 1985) is a Canadian football slotback for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He had previously played for the Montreal Alouettes. He was signed by the Alouettes as a street free agent in 2007. He played college football at South Florida.
Green has also been a member of the New York Jets.
Green signed with the Montreal Alouettes in May 2007 following the 2007 NFL Draft. His first career Canadian Football League (CFL) reception came on June 29, 2007 against the Saskatchewan Roughriders. His first career touchdown was against the Edmonton Eskimos on October 31, 2008, which was the fifth game of his professional career. He was a member of both the 97th Grey Cup and 98th Grey Cup championship team with the Montreal Alouettes.
New York Jets
On May 18, 2010, the Jets released Green, following the first team Organized Team Activities practice of the year.
Following his release from the Jets, Green re-joined the Alouettes in time for the start of the 2010 CFL season. For the 2010 season, he recorded a career-high 10 touchdown receptions and two two-point conversions to go along with 875 receiving yards. In the 98th Grey Cup, he caught nine passes for 102 yards to help the Alouettes win their second consecutive Grey Cup championship.
In 2010 and 2011, he recorded back-to-back 1000-yard seasons and was named an East Division All-Star both years. On February 13, 2013, it was announced that Green had signed a two-year contract extension that would keep him signed through to the 2014 CFL season. Green played in 15 of the 18 regular season games in the 2014 season, and played in both of Montreal's playoff games. In the 2 playoff games Green amassed and impressive 13 pass receptions for 221 yards, with 4 touchdowns. The 2014 season was his first season to not reach the 1000 yard plateau since the 2010 season. Nevertheless, he was named an CFL East All-Star for the fourth consecutive season. Following the 2014 season, Green and the Alouettes agreed to a 3-year contract extension that will keep him with the team through the 2017 season.
Green had a relatively productive 2015 season as he crossed the 1000 yard plateau for the fourth time in his career, however, he only caught 3 touchdown passes; a personal low since the 2009 season. Green suffered a leg injury in the second week of the 2016 CFL season and did not return to the game. Results from the MRI revealed that he suffered a complete tear of his medial collateral ligament (MCL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) as well as his meniscus in his right knee. Green expects to be ready in time for 2017 training camp.
On April 20, 2017, Green was traded to the Toronto Argonauts.
- "#19 SJ Green". Montreal Alouettes. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- Zurkowsky, Herb (January 9, 2010). "Alouettes' S.J. Green gets call from N.Y. Jets". Montreal Gazette. Archived from the original on January 21, 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- Naylor, David (January 3, 2010). "CFL players of interest to NFL". Toronto Globe and Mail. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- Vrentas, Jenny (May 18, 2010). "Jets sign T Aaron Kia, waive WR S.J. Green and T Matt Stommes". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- Cox, Green and Deslauriers extend with Als
- "Alouettes re-sign veteran receiver Green to contract extension". TSN. The Canadian Press.
- "SJ Green sidelined for the season; Sutton placed on six-game". CFL.ca. 2016-07-02. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- S.J. Green: I should be ready for camp
- Former Brandon High, USF football standout having fun in Montreal
- S.J. Green bio