Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga
|Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga|
|Directed by||Anshul Sharma|
|Produced by||Ashok Pandey|
|Written by||Rupesh Thapliyal|
Vishwa Mohan Badola
|Music by||Manish J. Tipu|
|Edited by||Devendra Murdeshwar|
|Distributed by||DAR Motion Pictures|
|Box office||₹ 61 Lakhs|
Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga is a 2013 Bollywood satire film directed by Anshul Sharma starring Sanjay Mishra and Pragati Pandey. Written by Rupesh Thapliyal and Vijay Manral, Lyrics by Naveen Tyagi the film also has Ranjan Chhabra, Disha, Vishwa Mohan Badola, Pramod Pathak, Zakir Hussain and Sitaram Panchal. Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga..., produced by Ashok Pandey under the banner of Revel Films, is a satire on the rising prices in the country.
- Sanjay Mishra as Puttan Pal
- Pragati Pandey as Noori
- Zakir Hussain as Loan Inspector
- Vishwa Mohan Badola as Nagpal
- Ranjan Chhabra as Gopal
- Pramod Pathak as Mani Pal
- Disha Pandey as Suman
- Sitaram Panchal as Vedpal
- Rajpal as Rashan Pal
|Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga|
|Soundtrack album by Manish J Tipu|
|Released||13 February 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The soundtrack of Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga consists of 6 songs composed by Manish J. Tipu the lyrics of which were written by Naveen Tyagi.
|1.||"Lag Gai"||Tochi Raina, Shriram Iyer & Manish J Tipu||03:32|
|2.||"Bolo Na"||Sonu Nigam & Shreya Ghoshal||03:42|
|3.||"Auon De"||Mika Singh||03:47|
|4.||"Kismat Ki Bell Baji"||Amit Kumar|
|5.||"Lag Gai" (Remix)||Tochi Raina, Shriram Iyer, Manish J Tipu & DJ Suketu||04:53|
|6.||"Auon De" (Remix)||Mika Singh & DJ Suketu||03:41|
The Times of India gave the film a rating of 2 out of 5 saying that, "Saare Jahaan Se Mehenga has a brilliant concept, earnest performances and clean humour. The film however falls short of evolving beyond the basic idea, which curtails the impact it should ideally make." Vinayak Chakravorty of India Today gave the film a rating of 2 out of 5 saying that, "At the core of debutant director Anshul Sharma's film is a whacky idea. The idea, though, gets lost in interpretation. The film is an honest intention gone astray." Sudhish Kamath of The Hindu reviewed the film saying that Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga is "A sincere film straight from the heart that takes too long to get going." Ananya Bhattacharya of Zee News gave the film a rating of 1.5 out of 5 saying that, "In all, ‘Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga’ leaves you with the question, ‘Why?’... Why, for example, did the makers decide to make such a film when we are so troubled by inflation already?" Nandini Ramnath of Live Mint reviewed the film saying that, "The simplistic and limited premise is better suited to an hour-long television series episode than a full-length feature. Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga feels stretched even at a relatively short running length of an hour and 48 minutes."
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave the film a rating of 2.5 out of 5 and said that, "On the whole, SAARE JAHAAN SE MEHNGA… is topical, relevant and relatable, with some endearing moments. It may be lacking in face-value, but you can’t deny that it’s an honest effort!" Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express gave the film a rating of 2.5 out of 5 saying that, "The film has been written zippily by people who know this world. It looks and feels authentic, minus exaggeration. And the actors look as if they belong." Rajeev Masand of News18 gave the film a rating of 2.5 out of 5 and said that the film "is a well-intentioned satire constructed around a promising premise. But the film’s writers fail to build on their clever central idea, and ultimately deliver an undercooked script that lacks the consistent wit of 2010’s Phas Gaye Re Obama."
- "Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga Cast & Crew". Bollywood Hungama.
- "The budget does little for the common man: Sanjay Mishra". Times of India. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- "Sanjai Mishra prefers Dhulia's film over his own". Sify. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- "Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga - Manish J Tipu". Saavn.
- "Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Movie review: Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga". India Today.
- "Saare Jahaan Se Mehenga: Ration some money for this". The Hindu.
- "'Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga' review: Leaves you with the question 'Why?'". Zee News.
- "Film Review - Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga". Live Mint.
- "Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga Review by Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Movie Review Saare Jahaan Se Mehenga:It looks and feels authentic, minus exaggeration". The Indian Express.
- "Meet the hoarders!". Rajeev Masand.