|Products||Finance, energy, cement, retail, insurance, industry|
|Revenue||₺ 103.5 billion (2020)|
|₺ 5.2 billion (2020)|
Hacı Ömer Sabancı Holding A.Ş., commonly abbreviated as Sabancı Holding, is an industrial and financial conglomerate with headquarters in Istanbul, Turkey. The company's primary activities are in financial services, energy (electricity generation and distribution), cement, retail and industrial sectors. The founding Sabancı family continues to hold a majority stake. Sabanci Holding was first listed on the Istanbul Stock Exchange (BIST) in 1997.
Sabancı Group companies operate in 12 countries and market their products in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, North America and South America. The company operates through banking, industry, retail, cement and other segments, and offers corporate and investment, private, commercial, SME, retail, and international banking services, as well as payment systems, treasury transactions, insurance brokerage services, asset management services, and financial leasing services. Sabancı Holding’s multinational business partners include global companies such as Ageas, Aviva, Bridgestone, Carrefour, E.ON, Heidelberg Cement, Marubeni and Philip Morris.
In 2020, Sabancı Group posted combined sales revenue of TL 103.5 billion and net income of TL 5.2 billion. Sabancı Holding’s own shares, as well as the shares of its 11 subsidiaries, are listed on Borsa Istanbul (BIST) and constitute 8.1% of total market capitalization of Turkish equity market. As of year-end 2019, 48.3% of Sabancı Holding’s shares are publicly traded.
Güler Sabancı, a third-generation member of the Sabancı family, chairs the board of directors. She was appointed after the death of her uncle Sakıp Sabancı, leader of the company since its founding in 1967, in 2004. Erol Sabancı is vice chairman. Other members of the board of directors are Saime Gonca Artunkal (on behalf of Sakıp Sabancı Holding A.Ş.), Serra Sabancı, Suzan Sabancı Dinçer, Ahmet Erdem, Mehmet Mete Başol, Nafiz Can Paker and Cenk Alper, the company’s CEO.
- Brisa (joint venture with Bridgestone)
- Temsa Motorlu Araçlar
- Temsa Ulaşım Araçları (joint venture with PPF Group)
- CarrefourSA (joint venture with Carrefour)
- EnerjiSA (joint venture with E.ON). Enerjisa owns the lignite-fired Tufanbeyli power station.
- EnerjiSA Üretim
- Akçansa (joint venture with HeidelbergCement)
- Philip MorrisSA (joint venture with Philip Morris)
- "Key People". Sabancı Holding A.Ş. Archived from the original on 2013-04-18. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- "2020 Investor Presentation, Sabanci Holding" (PDF).
- "Group Companies". Sabancı Holding A.Ş. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "Haci Ömer Sabanci Holding A.S." Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved April 5, 2021.
- "Haci Omer Sabanci Holding AS". Bloomberg. Retrieved April 5, 2021.
- "In Pictures: The 40 Richest Turks". Forbes. April 13, 2007. Retrieved April 5, 2021.
- "Haci Omer Sabanci Holdings A.S. History". Funding Universe. Retrieved April 5, 2021.
- "Haci Omer Sabanci Holding AS". Reuters. Retrieved April 5, 2021.
- "What is Sabancı Holding? A Brief History".
- "Sabancı Holding Board of Directors".