Sagñay, Camarines Sur
Map of Camarines Sur showing the location of Sagñay
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|• Mayor||Evelyn B. Fuentebella|
|• Total||154.76 km2 (59.75 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||220/km2 (580/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)54|
|Income class||3rd class; partially urban|
Atulayan Island is under the jurisdiction of this municipality.
Sagñay was established in the late 17th century by the Spanish friars. Like the town of Lagonoy, Sañgay also formed part of the province of Albay but it was separated in the year 1846 by the order of Governor General Narciso Claveria.
The parish of St. Andrew was founded in the same year that Sagñay gained its independence as a town. The town's annual fiesta is held every November 30.Based from Atanacio.
Sagñay is subdivided into 19 barangays.
- Del Carmen
- San Antonio (Pob.)
- San Isidro (Pob.)
- San Roque (Pob.)
- Santo Niño
|Population census of Sagñay|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Sagñay, Camarines Sur, was 34,546 people, with a density of 220 inhabitants per square kilometre or 570 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "Province: CAMARINES SUR". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Camarines Sur". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|This article about a location in Bicol Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|