Sailing at the 1928 Summer Olympics – 6 Metre
at the Games of the IX Olympiad
Line drawing of the 6 Metre
|Dates||First race: August 2, 1928
Last race: August 9, 1928
|Competitors||61 Male from 13 nations|
|Sailing at the
1928 Summer Olympics
|●||Event competitions||●||Event finals|
|Total gold medals||1|
The 1928 Olympic scoring system was used.
Legend: DNS – Did not start; DSQ – Disqualified; Q – Qualifying race; RET – Retired;
- For this event one yacht from each country, manned by 5 amateurs maximum (maximum number of substitutes 5) was allowed.
- This event was a gender independent event. However it turned out to be a man's only event.
During the Sailing regattas at the 1928 Summer Olympics among others the following persons were competing in the various classes:
- "Digital Library Collection (Official Olympic Reports 1896 - 2008)". Digital Library Collection at la84.org. la84foundation. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Sailing at the 1928 Amsterdam Summer Games:Mixed 6 metres". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- (ed.) G. van Rossum (1928). The Ninth Olympiad Amsterdam 1928:Official Report (PDF). Amsterdam: The Netherlands Olympic Committee. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 April 2008. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Daggegevens van het weer in Nederland". KNMI. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 16 March 2015.
If it is not clear from other sources, it is assumed that the first person mentioned in the crewlist of the official report is the helmsmen.