Currently the Sapientia Foundation finances the following departments of the University:
- In Cluj-Napoca: Environmental Geography, Film and Media Studies, International relations – European Studies, Legal Studies (Law School).
- In Miercurea-Ciuc: Agro-alimentary Economy, Management Accounting and IT, Sociology (Rural Development Studies), Romanian and English Language and Literature, Food Engineering, Environmental Protection and Engineering in Industry, General Economics, Social Communication and Public Relations, Environmental Economics.
- In Târgu Mureş: Information Technology HU, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Automation and Applied Information Technology, Telecommunications, Mechatronics, Pedagogy, Social Communication and Public Relations HU, Landscaping, Translator - Interpreter.
Its establishment was motivated by needs outgrowing the present choice of Hungarian university education in Romania, especially that the percentage of Hungarian students in Romanian university life does not represent the percentage of Hungarian population in Romania, and university education in Hungarian does not cover the range of necessary specializations. From among the 25,000 Hungarian students in Romania only one of three may study in their mother language.
To fill what it saw as the gap and fulfil the needs described above, the Board of Trustees of the Sapientia Foundation founded by the eight leaders of the Hungarian Historic Churches in Transylvania on the April 14, 2000, decided to establish the Hungarian University of Transylvania. It is open to qualified students of any nationality who meet the required admissions.
The university was established and funded by the Sapientia Foundation. The latter, in turn, was founded by the four Hungarian historical churches of Transylvania: the Roman Catholic, the Calvinist Reformed, the Unitarian and the Lutheran Churches.
The university was accredited by Low 58/2012.
- Monitorul Oficial al României Partea I, Anul 180. (XXIV.) Nr. 222. 3 aprile 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sapientia Hungarian University of Transylvania.|
- Sapientia University
- Faculty of Technical and Human Sciences Targu-Mures
- Sapientia-ECN Programming Mathematics Contest
- Electronics Laboratory
- Scientia Publishing House
|This Romanian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|