April 12, 1962 |
|Television||Big Brother 9|
Kennedy moved into the Penthouse Mansion in New York at the age of 18. She lived there for 10 years and after her appearances in Penthouse magazine as the December 1981 Pet of the Month and later as the 1983 Pet of the Year, Kennedy began an acting career. She appeared mostly in low-budget sex comedies, such as The First Turn-On!, Spring Break, and Ellie, starring alongside Academy Award winner Shelly Winters. Kennedy also appeared briefly in the opening scene of National Lampoon's European Vacation as a game show prize model.
In the spring of 2008, Kennedy was a houseguest on the U.S. reality show Big Brother 9. She came in 3rd Place and left the house on Day 77, after Ryan Quicksall won the final Head of Household competition and chose to evict her. Kennedy later cohosted House Calls: The Big Brother Talk Show for Big Brother 10 on Wednesdays.
Kennedy made an appearance on the November 18, 2008 episode of The Doctors, asking a question in the audience. Kennedy also made an appearance on the January 29, 2008 episode.
Kennedy completed a memoir titled No One's Pet about her time living at the Penthouse Mansion and her relationship with publisher and magazine founder Bob Guccione. The book is published by Jerrick Media and was released in February 2016.
- "Big Brother 9 Sheila Kennedy's Nude Penthouse Photos". The Hollywood Gossip. March 15, 2008. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- Laura Collins (February 4, 2016). "EXCLUSIVE: Former Penthouse Pet of the Year and live-in lover of Bob Guccione tells how a drugged up Axl Rose grabbed her by her hair". DailyMail. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- Staff. "Sheila Kennedy". Penthouse magazine. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Joe Buda (October 30, 2011). "Sheila Kennedy: No One's Pet". Las Vegas Informer. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- Staff. "Sheila Kennedy (I): Actress". Amazon via IMDb. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Artale, Nikki. "Sheila Kennedy: No One’s Pet". Las Vegas Informer. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Jerrick Media to Publish Memoir by Former Penthouse Pet Sheila Kennedy". MarketWired. October 29, 2015. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- Staff. "Big Brother:Season 9 cast: Sheila". CBS. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Staff. "Scott Baio Is 45... And Single: Season 1, Episode 4 "The Perfect Match" (29 Jul. 2007)". Amazon via IMDb. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Sheila Kennedy at the Internet Movie Database
- Sheila Kennedy on Twitter
- Sheila Kennedy on Instagram
- Sheila Kennedy on MySpace