Sheopur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Sheopur Vidhan Sabha constituency (Hindi: श्योपुर विधान सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is one of the 230 Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) constituencies of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. This constituency came into existence in 1951, as Sheopur Pohri, one of the 79 Vidhan Sabha constituencies of the erstwhile Madhya Bharat state.
Sheopur is part of Morena Lok Sabha constituency along with seven other Vidhan Sabha segments, namely, Vijaypur in this district and Sabalgarh, Joura, Sumawali, Morena, Dimani and Ambah in Morena district.
Members of Legislative Assembly
As Sheopur Pohri constituency of Madhya Bharat:
As a constituency of Madhya Pradesh:
- 1977: Gulab Singh, Janata Party
- 1980: Badri Prasad, Indian National Congress (I)
- 1985: Satyabhanu Chauhan, Indian Congress (Socialist)
- 1990: Gulab Singh, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1993: Rama Shankar Bhardwaj, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1998: Brijraj Singh, Independent
- 2003: Durgalal Vijay, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2008: Brijraj Singh, Indian National Congress
- "District/Assembly List". Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- "Statistical Report on General Election, 1951 to the Legislative Assembly of Madhya Bharat" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. p. 5.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. pp. 226, 250.
- "Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha General Elections - 2008 (in Hindi)" (PDF). Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Retrieved 10 February 2011.