This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ekramy with Feyenoord in 2007
|Full name||Sherif Ekramy ِAhmed Ahmed El-Shahat|
|Date of birth||10 July 1983|
|Place of birth||Cairo, Egypt|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 February 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 June 2018
Ekramy participated in two successive World Youth cups, the 2001 in Argentina, where he was part of the bronze-medal team, and the 2003 instalment in the United Arab Emirates. He is the son of Ekramy El-Shahat.
Sherif was one of the most promising youngster in Al Ahly youth department so he was promoted for the first team in 2002 at the age of 19 although he never played for the first team until 2004. His amazing performance as a captain with Egypt U-20 in 2003 African Youth Championship helping The Young Pharaohs to win the title so he received a lot of offers but he decided finally to join Feyenoord to be alongside his former team-mate Hossam Ghaly
His spell in the Netherlands wasn't very successful. Although signed as a great talent, he was usually reserve keeper. On 11 February 2007 he played his first Eredivisie match for Feyenoord against FC Twente. With the club he only played 7 matches in 3 years helping them to win the cup in his last season 2007/08
- Statistics accurate as of match played 15 June 2018.
|team||season||League||cup||Continental tournaments||Other tournaments||Total|
Honours and achievements
- Al Ahly
- Egyptian Premier League: 2009–10, 2010–11, 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- Egypt Cup: 2016–17
- Egyptian Super Cup: 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017
- CAF Champions League: 2012, 2013
- CAF Confederation Cup: 2014
- CAF Super Cup: 2013, 2014
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia: List of players: Egypt" (PDF). FIFA. 17 June 2018. p. 9.
- "Sherif Ekramy". FIFA.com. Retrieved 20 September 2008.
- "Tactical Formation". Football-Lineups.com. Retrieved 14 February 2007.
- "World Cup 2018: All the confirmed squads for this summer's finals in Russia".
- Sherif Ekramy at National-Football-Teams.com
- Sherif Ekramy: Ahly has great motivation to win the Arab title
- Find all news, statistics and data of Sherif Ekramy on btolat.com
|This biographical article related to Egyptian football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|