|Directed by||Kamalakara Kameshwara Rao|
|Produced by||Atluri Pundarikakshaiah|
|Written by||Tirupati Venkata Kavulu (poems)
Samudrala Raghavacharya (dialogues)
|Starring||N.T. Rama Rao
Chittor V. Nagaiah
|Music by||T. V. Raju|
|12 October 1967|
|Budget||₹ 10 lakhs|
Sri Krishnavataram is a 1967 Telugu film directed by Kamalakara Kameshwara Rao. The magnum opus mythological film is based on Hindu epics Mahabharata and Bhagavata Purana covering major life events of Lord Krishna.
The movie covers all episodes of Lord Krishna's life. Krishna's birth, his captive parents and the prediction that Kamsa would be killed by Devaki's eighth child makes the first episode. After defeating Kamsa, he marries Rukmini, fights with Jambavantha to procure the Samanthaka Mani and gets his daughter Jambavanthi's hand in marriage. Satrajit, who initially proclaims that Krishna has the Mani regrets his mistake and gives his daughter Satyabhama in marriage to Krishna.
An example of Bhakti and devotion to friendship like Kuchelopakhyanam is also pictured beautifully.
After Sisupala completes his 100 sins, he defeats and kills him, thus regaining his entry back to Vishnu's abode. Kuchela's episode is followed by Draupadi's humiliation where Krishna saves her honour. The great war of Kurukshetra takes place after the negotiations (Rayabharam) between the cousins fails. Krishna's Geetopadesam to Arjuna is also shown. Finally he saves Bheema from Dhritarashtra's ire after Bheema kills Duryodhana. Balarama wades deep into the ocean after the gory war, while Lord Krishna ends his Avataram owing to a hunter's mistake.
- Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao as Lord Vishnu / Lord Krishna
- Devika as Lakshmi / Rukmini
- Krishnam Raju
- M. Prabhakar Reddy as Balarama
- Ramakrishna as Arjuna
- Kaikala Satyanarayana as Duryodhana
- Maddali Krishnamurthy as Kuberudu
- Kanchana as Satyabhama
- Master Harikrishna as Bala Krishna
- Dhulipala Seetharama Sastry as Satrajit
- Rajanala Kaleswara Rao as Sishupala
- Mukkamala Krishna Murthy as Kamsa
- Mudigonda Lingamurthy as Shakuni
- Krishna Kumari as Lakshana
- Mikkilineni Radhakrishna Murthy as Dharmaraju
- S. Varalakshmi as Draupadi
- Arja Janardhana Rao as Bheema
- Chhaya Devi as Mother of Sishupala
- Chittor V. Nagaiah as Dhritarashtra
- Sukanya as Jambavati
- Rushyendramani as Kunti Devi
- Jagga Rao as Dushasana
- Hemalatha as Gandhari Devi
- L. Vijayalaxmi as Kalindi
- Geetanjali as Nagnajiti
- Sandhyarani as Mitravinda
- Director : Kamalakara Kameshwara Rao
- Writer : Samudrala Raghavacharya
- Producer : Atluri Pundarikakshayya
- Production company : Tarakarama Pictures
- Cinematography : Annayya
- Music Director : T. V. Raju
- Playback singers : Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao and P. Susheela.
- "Adigo Alladigo"
- "Ededo Autundi Egisi Egisi Padutundi"
- "Tanuvuto" (Geetopadesam) (singer: Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao)
- "Jagamulanele Gopalude Naa Sigalo Poovavune" (singer: P. Susheela and Ghantasala; Cast: NTR and Kanchana)
- "Jayahe Krishnavatara" (Singer: Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao; Cast: Sobhan Babu)
- "Neecharana Kamalana Needaye Chalu" (singers: Ghantasala, P. Leela, P. Susheela; Cast: NTR, Devika and Kanchana)