|Time zone||UTC+5:45 (Nepal Time)|
Sisautiya सिसौटिया (or sometimes Sisotiya) is a small and most populated village in the southernmost part of Nepal commonly known as Madhesh or Terai. Sisautiya is 9km north of the Indian border, 18km south from Brahathawa municipality 9km west from district headquarters Malangawa. It is located at 26°52'0N 85°34'0E with an altitude of 79 metres(262 feet) There is a customs checkpoint at the border crossing. It is part of the Sarlahi district and the Janakpur zone. It forms the main part of the Sisautiya village development committee. At the time of the 2011 Nepal census it had a population of 13,729 people living in 2259 individual households.
At the time of the 2011 Nepal census it had a population of 13,729 people residing in 2,259 individual households. People here lives are Madhesi ( jha,yadav,Mandal,Patel, Raut,Thakur,Shah,Chaudhary) and few Phadi.
It is situated in the Terai Region of Sarlahi district and Zone Janakpur. It is situated 35 km south from Mahendra Highway Nayaroad. There are 4 parliamentary constituenciesparliamentary constituencies and 8 sub- in Sarlahi. Sisautiya is in area 4(A).
- North – Belhi VDC
- North - Dhangadha VDC
- South – Godeta VDC
- South– Bagdaha VDC and Ramban VDC
- East - Sundarpur VDC and Laxmipur Su. VDC
- West – Dhanakaul Purba VDC
- West – Sikhauna VDC <ref>
There are various institutions in order to provide quality education.
- Shree V.K.J Primary School, Sisautiya-01
- Bright Future English Boarding School,Sisautiya-06
- Terai Education English Boarding School,Sisautiya-08
- Shree Janta Primary School, Sisautiya-09
The major daily newspapers are:
- Madhesh Post
- Sarlahi Times
Cinema and Theatre
There is no any cinema and theatre.
2015 Earthquake Nepal
Sisautiya shook during an earthquake on 12 May 2015. However, the VDC did suffer few damage.
- Road: Sisautiya is roughly 198 km by road from Kathmandu. It is also well connected to other parts of the district by Bus Services.
- Prajwal Mandal
- Dashi Mukhiya ji (elected in local level election of 2058 BS)
- Jay Naryan Raut (Mukhiya elected in local level election of 2058 BS)
- Vikhari Raut (Shachiv)
- Bishwanath Pandit (Doctor)
- Shyam Babu Shah (Delar)
- Krishana Patel
- Baskit Kumar
|This Nepalese location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|