|Traded as||NASDAQ: SWKS|
|Headquarters||Woburn, Massachusetts, USA|
|David J. Aldrich, President & CEO|
|Products||Wireless communication technologies|
|Revenue||$2,291.5 million USD (FY14)|
|$565.2 million USD (FY14)|
Number of employees
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is a semiconductor company headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts.
The company manufactures semiconductors for use in radio frequency (RF) and mobile communications systems. Its products include power amplifiers, front end modules and RF products for handsets and wireless infrastructure equipment. The Company's portfolio includes amplifiers, attenuators, circulators, demodulators, detectors, diodes, directional couplers, front-end modules, hybrids, infrastructure RF subsystems, isolators, lighting and display solutions, mixers, modulators, optocouplers, optoisolators, phase shifters, PLLs/synthesizers/VCOs, power dividers/combiners, power management devices, receivers, switches and technical ceramics.
During 2009 and 2010, Skyworks benefitted from industry moves towards higher-end mobile phones with multi-band communication, exiting fiscal year 2010 with revenue of $1,072 million. Although operating in a market dominated by big name companies, it doubled its share price in one year, and in March 2010 was tipped by the Forbes-owned Investopedia website as one of three "not-so-famous" stocks likely to give good capital returns in 2010.
The company formed as a result of a merger of Alpha Industries and the wireless communications division of Conexant, which took effect on 26 June 2002. Headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts, Skyworks has manufacturing facilities in Woburn, Newbury Park, California and Mexicali, Mexico and design centers in Irvine, California, Santa Rosa, California, Newbury Park, Woburn, Greensboro, North Carolina and Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The music video for The Postal Service's song "Such Great Heights" is set in the Newbury Park chip fabrication plant. According to its website, the company has design, engineering, manufacturing, marketing, sales and service facilities throughout North America, Europe, Japan and Asia.
- "Skyworks launches WCDMA PA modules with integrated daisy chain coupler". Semiconductor Today. April 12, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Skyworks Delivers $313.3 Million in Revenue and $0.43 of Non-GAAP Diluted EPS in Q4 FY10". November 4, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- "3 Not-So-Famous Stocks That Deserve The Spotlight". Investopedia. March 22, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Alpha and Conexant's Wireless Business Complete Merger; Skyworks Commences Operations as an Independent Company". Business Wire. June 26, 2002. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Locations. Skyworks website. Retrieved 2010-04-18