|Traded as||NASDAQ: SWKS|
S&P 500 Component
|Headquarters||Woburn, Massachusetts, United States|
|David Aldrich, Executive Chairman|
Liam Griffin, President & CEO
|Products||Wireless communication technologies|
|Revenue||$3,651.4 million USD (FY17)|
|$1,253.8 million USD (FY17)|
|$1,010.2 million USD (FY17)|
Number of employees
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is an American semiconductor company headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts, United States.
Skyworks manufactures semiconductors for use in radio frequency (RF) and mobile communications systems. Its products include power amplifiers, front-end modules and RF products for handsets and wireless infrastructure equipment. The company's portfolio includes amplifiers, attenuators, circulators, demodulators, detectors, diodes, directional couplers, front-end modules, hybrids, infrastructure RF subsystems, isolators, lighting and display solutions, mixers, modulators, optocouplers, optoisolators, phase shifters, PLLs/synthesizers/VCOs, power dividers/combiners, power management devices, receivers, switches and technical ceramics.
The company formed as a result of a merger of Alpha Industries and the wireless communications division of Conexant, which took effect on June 26, 2002. Headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts, Skyworks has manufacturing facilities in Woburn, Newbury Park, California and Mexicali, Mexico. It has design centers in Irvine, California; Santa Rosa, California; Newbury Park; Woburn; Greensboro, North Carolina; and Cedar Rapids, Iowa. According to its website, the company has design, engineering, manufacturing, marketing, sales and service facilities throughout North America, Europe, Japan and Asia.
On October 5, 2015, Skyworks Solutions entered a definitive agreement to acquire PMC-Sierra for $2 billion in cash. However, Skyworks walked away from the deal, having been outbid by Microsemi.
- "Skyworks Solutions". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- "Skyworks launches WCDMA PA modules with integrated daisy chain coupler". Semiconductor Today. April 12, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Alpha and Conexant's Wireless Business Complete Merger; Skyworks Commences Operations as an Independent Company". Business Wire. June 26, 2002. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Locations. Skyworks website. Retrieved 2010-04-18
- "Fab Video". Skyworks Solutions, Inc. Archived from the original on 2005-03-01. Retrieved 2007-12-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-10-10. Retrieved 2015-10-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Skyworks Solutions
- Business data for Skyworks Solutions: