From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Industry||Information and communication industry|
|Predecessor||Sony Communication Network Corporation|
|Founded||November 1, 1995|
|Headquarters||ThinkPark Tower, Osaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan|
|Ryuichi Ishii (President)|
Number of employees
|953 (as of March 31, 2015)|
|Slogan||To create and provide new values|
- November 1995 - The operating company, Sony Communication Network Corporation (SCN) was established as a subsidiary of Sony.
- January 1996 - launched ISP business.
- November 1997 - Released PostPet DX mail software.
- November 1999 - Became the first Internet service provider (ISP) to obtain Privacy Mark.
- August 2001 - started ADSL service.
- September 2001 - purchased WebOnline Networks, the operating company of "JustNet", from JustSystems.
- October 2001 - launched "Harbot" service.
- April 2002 - merged with WebOnline Networks, Ltd.
- May 2002 - started optical fiber connection service.
- March 2003 - started IP telephone service.
- December 2005 - listed on the Mothers market of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- October 2006 - changed its corporate name to So-net Entertainment Corporation.
- July 2007 - Established MotionPortrait, Inc.
- August 2007 - Acquired So-net Entertainment Taiwan Ltd. as a consolidated subsidiary.
- November 2007 - Relocated headquarters to Osaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo.
- January 2008 - Listed on TSE 1st Section.
- July 2008 - Acquired So-net Media Networks Corporation as a consolidated subsidiary.
- March 2009 - So-net Entertainment Taiwan Ltd. signed a capital/business partnership contract with Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. (CHT).
- February 2010 - Acquired the ISP business from USEN CORPORATION.
- May 2011 - So-Net hacked from unknown IP address. Roughly $1225 in customer's redeemable gift points stolen.
- July 2012 - Established So-net Business Associates Corporation.
- December 2012 - Delisted from TSE 1st Section.
- January 2013 - Became a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
- April 2013 - So-net launches Nuro, a FTTH service that provides 2Gbit/s internet. Initial markets include Chiba, Gunma, Ibaraki, Tochigi, Tokyo, Kanagawa and Saitama in Japan.
- July 2013 - Changed company name to So-net Corporation.
- April 2014 - Integrated “bit-drive” business, the Sony Business Solutions Corporation IT solutions service for corporations.
- February 2015 - Launched “So-net Hikari Collaboration”
- "ABOUT So-net". Retrieved May 15, 2015.
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|