Specified Associated Organisation
A Specified Associated Organisation is an organization of members of the British Liberal Democrats formed around a specific trait and designated by the Federal Executive as affiliates of the party. SAOs are distinguished from other Liberal Democrat pressure groups (also known as Associated Organizations) in that SAOs can review and input policies.
SAOs include the following:
- ethnic minorities (EMLD),
- women (WLD),
- the LGBT community (LGBT+ Liberal Democrats),
- youth and students (Young Liberals),
- engineers and scientists (ALDES),
- parliamentary candidates (PCA)
- and local councillors (ALDC).
- "Ethnic Minority Liberal Democrats". Ethnic-minority.libdems.org. 2010-03-08. Retrieved 2010-04-13.
- "Women Liberal Democrats". Wld.org.uk. Retrieved 2010-04-13.
- "DELGA: Liberal Democrats for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Action". Lgbt.libdems.org.uk. 2010-02-17. Retrieved 2010-04-13.
- "ALDES". ALDES. Retrieved 2010-04-13.
- "PCA Encyclopedia : Welcome to the Parliamentary Candidates Association Website". Parliamentary.org.uk. Retrieved 2010-04-13.
- "Association of Liberal Democrat Councillors". ALDC. 2010-02-17. Retrieved 2010-04-13.