|Born||July 9, 1972|
|Origin||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Genres||Alternative rock, jazz funk, blues, heavy metal, funk rock|
|Labels||Telarc, Verve, Blue Thumb, Fog Cit|
|Associated acts||Galactic, Stanton Moore Trio, Corrosion Of Conformity, Midnite Disturbers, Garage A Trois, Street Sweeper Social Club, DJ Shadow|
Stanton Moore (born July 9, 1972) is a funk, jazz and rock drummer reared in Metairie in Jefferson Parish in suburban New Orleans, Louisiana. Most widely known as a founding member of Galactic, Moore has also pursued a solo recording career (beginning with his 1998 debut All Kooked Out!) and recorded with bands as diverse as jazz-funk keyboardist Robert Walter and heavy metal act Corrosion of Conformity. He also travels internationally to teach New Orleans drumming, writes a regular column for drumming magazines, and releases instructional books and videos.
As of 2008 some of Moore's recent projects include the Stanton Moore Trio, Garage A Trois and the Midnite Disturbers. Moore performs with his Stanton Moore Trio including a variety of local and visiting musicians in New Orleans. As a trio he has toured nationally with keyboardist Robert Walter and guitarist Will Bernard. Additionally, Walter and Bernard are the credited musicians on Moore's two most recent solo albums. Moore continues to perform with his co-founded Garage A Trois with Skerik, Mike Dillon and Marco Benevento. Moore organized the all-star brass band Midnite Disturbers with drummer Kevin O'Day. The Midnite Disturbers are Trombone Shorty and Jamelle Williams on trumpets, Big Sam and Mark Mullins on trombones, Ben Ellman and Skerik on saxophones, Jeffery Hills on sousaphone and Kevin O’Day and Moore on drums.
Other ongoing collaborations include bands such as Dragon Smoke and MG5. Dragon Smoke features Eric Lindell, Robert Mercurio, Ivan Neville and Stanton Moore. MG5 (formerly Frequinox) features Robert Walter, Robert Mercurio, Will Bernard, Donald Harrison, Jeff Coffin and Stanton Moore.
Since Hurricane Katrina Moore has helped start and participates in the Tipitina's Foundation workshop for students, providing young people an opportunity to learn, play and perform with professional musicians.
Recently, Moore has collaborated with Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and Boots Riley of the Coup on a new project under the name Street Sweeper Social Club, which released an album on June 16, 2009.
Moore released Emphasis! (On Parenthesis) on Telarc April 2008 as Stanton Moore Trio. The trio consists of longtime associates Robert Walter and Will Bernard.
At the 2009 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, California Stanton Moore introduced a signature model snare drum under his own brand, The Stanton Moore Drum company of New Orleans. The drum is 4.5" x 14" made of titanium. Stanton worked closely with drum designer Ronn Dunnett (Dunnett Classic Drums) to create a drum that embodied the sound of a classic vintage snare drum that Stanton had once owned.
In the July 2011 issue of Modern Drummer Stanton Moore won the reader polls in both the Educational Book and Educational DVD categories for his Groove Alchemy educational series.
- All Kooked Out! (Fog City Records, 1998)
- Flyin' the Koop (Verve/Blue Thumb Records, 2002)
- III (Telarc, September 26, 2006)
- Emphasis! (On Parenthesis) (Telarc Records, April 22, 2008)
- Groove Alchemy (Telarc Records, April 13, 2010)
- Conversations (Royal Potato Family Records, April 15, 2014)
- Coolin' Off (Fog City Records, 1996)
- Crazyhorse Mongoose (Capricorn Records, 1999)
- Late for the Future (Zomba/Polygram Records, 2000)
- We Love 'Em Tonight: Live at Tipitina's (Volcano Records, 2001)
- Vintage Reserve (Volcano Records, 2003)
- Ruckus (Sanctuary Records, 2003)
- From the Corner to the Block (ANTI/Epitaph Records, 2007)
- Ya-Ka-May (ANTI/Epitaph Records, 2010)
- Carnivale Electricos (ANTI/Epitaph Records, 2012)
With Garage A Trois
- Mysteryfunk (Fog City Records, 1999)
- Emphasizer (Tone Cool Records, 2003)
- Outre Mer (Telarc Records, 2005)
- Power Patriot (Royal Potato Family Records, 2009)
- Some Twigs - Oxenthrust (Oxen Sounds, 1991)
- Money Shot - Robert Walter's 20th Congress (Fog City Records, 2000)
- Live From New York - Bonerama - (Bonerama Records, 2004) -note: Stanton on tracks 2 thru 7
- Super Heavy Organ - Robert Walter - (Magna Carta Records, 2005)
- In the Arms of God - Corrosion of Conformity (Sanctuary Records, 2005)
- The Coalition of the Willing - Bobby Previte (Ropeadope Records, 2006)
- Blue Plate Special - Will Bernard (Palmetto Records, 2008)
- Street Sweeper Social Club - Street Sweeper Social Club (Warner Bros. Records, 2009)
- liner notes
- An Interview with Stanton Moore Sheri Mckee, NOLAFugees.com, Vol. 1 No. 17, September 2006, Retrieved October 23, 2007
- More, More Moore Alex Rawls, OffBeat.com, November 16, 2006, Retrieved October 23, 2007
- Relix -The Magazine For Music - Stanton Moore to Release New Studio Album with Tom Morello and Boots Riley Archived March 3, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bart Elliott Stanton Moore 'Spirit of New Orleans' Signature Snare Drum www.drummercafe.com, December 19, 2008 , Retrieved February 28, 2009
- Announcing Crescent Cymbals
- Crescent Cymbals: Stanton Moore Signature Series