From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from States)
|Look up State or state in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: State|
State may refer to:
Law and politics
- State (polity), an organized community living under a single political structure and government, sovereign or constituent
- Sovereign state, a sovereign political entity in international law, commonly referred to as a "country"
- The Estates or the States, a national assembly of the estates, a legislature
- Rechtsstaat, the legal state (constitutional state, state subordinated to law) in philosophy of law and as principle of many national constitutions
- Constituent state, a type of political subdivision of a nation
- Federated state, a constituent state that is part of a federal model and shares sovereignty with the federal government
- United States Department of State, a department in the Executive Branch of the United States federal government dealing with foreign affairs.
- The State (book) by Franz Oppenheimer, outlining the origin and structure of sovereign states, and government
Science and technology
- Medical state, one's current state of health, usually within a hospital
- Mental state (disambiguation)
Physics and chemistry
- State, a complete description of a system in classical mechanics
- Quantum state, the state of a quantum mechanical system given by a vector in the underlying Hilbert space
- Stationary state, an eigenvector of a Hamiltonian
- Thermodynamic state, a set of physical quantities describing variable properties of a given thermodynamic system
- State of matter, solid, liquid or vapour phases of matter. it describes the organization of matter in a phase
- Chemical state, the electronic, chemical and physical nature of an element
- State (computer science), a unique configuration of information in a program or machine
- Program state, in computer science, a snapshot of the measure of various conditions in the system
- State pattern, in computer science, a behavioral design pattern
- State (printmaking), a unique form of a print, caused by a deliberate change to a matrix
- State (software), animation software for YouTube and social media sites
- State (controls), a term related to control theory
- State (functional analysis), a positive linear functional on an operator algebra
- In Dynamical systems, a state is a fixed rule describing the time dependence of a point in a geometrical space
Arts and entertainment
- The State (album), a music album by Nickelback
- The State (TV series), a sketch comedy show on MTV
- The States (TV series), a documentary series on the United States
- States Records, an American record label
- The State (newspaper), a daily newspaper in Columbia, South Carolina, US
- State (magazine), an Irish monthly music magazine
- State Magazine, a monthly magazine published by the U.S. Department of State
- State (theology), a degree or stage of perfection in the Christian religion
- Status constructus, a noun form occurring in Semitic languages
- State Theatre (disambiguation), several theatres
- Nickname for State College, Pennsylvania and Penn State
- State. A very important man from Ploiesti, Romania.
- State. Chinese man from Ploiesti, Romania wanted for sexiest man in the country.
- Government, the system by which a state or community is controlled
- Condition (disambiguation)
- Constituent state, a territorial and constitutional entity forming part of a sovereign state
- Excited state, an elevation in energy level above an arbitrary baseline energy state
- Stative verb, in linguistics
- All pages beginning with "State"
- All pages with titles containing State
- Status (disambiguation)
- The States (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title State.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.