|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Subaru Transcare is not a specific model but rather a range of modifications available for Subaru vehicles to enable their use by elderly or disabled persons. The company featured this range at the 38th Tokyo Motor Show, 2004, under the slogan "Open all roads: Vehicles for broadening opportunities and enriching life".
Available modifications include:
- Hand controls enable drivers to perform braking and acceleration by hand
- Seats that turn outwards, extend beyond the door frame and lower automatically with a wireless remote control
- Automatic wheelchair loading with a lift that lowers to ground level and automatic sliding door
- Additional belt across the chest to prevent the person from falling forward during stops
- Lowered floors with steps that automatically come out when the door is opened
- Ambulance style rear gurney loading with rails and bracing facilities
- "Exhibition outline of the 38th Tokyo Motor Show for Commercial & Barrier-free Vehicles". Press release. Fuji Heavy Industries. 14 October 2004. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Subaru Introduces the All-New Legacy". Press information. Fuji Heavy Industries. 23 May 2003. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Fuji Heavy Industries Gives the Subaru Forester a Major Facelift". Press release. 27 January 2005. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
|« previous — Subaru, a division of Fuji Heavy Industries, vehicle timeline, 1990s–present|
|Kei car||Rex||Vivio||Pleo I||Pleo II (rebadged Daihatsu Mira)|
|R2||Lucra (rebadged Daihatsu Tanto Ex)|
|Stella I||Stella II (rebadged Daihatsu Move)|
|Microvan||Sambar / Domingo||Sambar||Dias Wagon|
|Subcompact||Justy I||Justy II||Justy III||Justy IV||Trezia|
|Compact||Leone III||Leone IV||Leone V|
|Impreza I||Impreza II||Impreza III||Impreza IV|
|Mid-size||Legacy II||Legacy III||Legacy IV||Legacy V||Legacy VI|
|Sports coupé||Alcyone XT||Alcyone SVX||BRZ|
|Outback I||Outback II||Outback III||Outback IV||Outback V|
|Bighorn||Bighorn||Forester I||Forester II||Forester III||Forester IV|
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|