|Vice-Minister of the State Administration for Industry and Commerce|
May 2013 – December 2014
|Mayor of Songyuan|
December 2006 – December 2010
|Born||September 1965 (age 54)|
|Political party||Communist Party of China (expelled)|
|Alma mater||Liaoning Technical University|
Sun Hongzhi (born September 1965) is a Chinese politician who spent most of his career in Northeast China's Jilin province. As of December 2014 he was under investigation by the Communist Party's anti-corruption agency. At the time of his investigation, Sun served as the Vice-Minister of the State Administration for Industry and Commerce (SAIC).
Life and career
He graduated from Liaoning Technical University. On leaving university in 1990, he worked at Inner Mongolia Coal Industry Company as an engineer.
He served in various posts in Changchun Coal Technology Center before serving as the Deputy Head of the Coal Industry Bureau of Jilin in July 2001.
He entered Jilin University in September 1999, majoring in management at the College of Management, where he graduated in July 2004.
He served as Head and Deputy Party Branch Secretary of the Coal Industry Bureau of Jilin from September 2004 to January 2005, and Party Branch Secretary, from January 2005 to March 2006.
On December 26, 2014, the state media reported that he was being investigated by the Party's internal disciplinary body for "serious violations of laws and regulations". Sun was expelled from the Communist Party on June 15, 2015. The party investigation concluded that Sun "hid his activities from the organization," used official vehicles for personal reasons, used public funds for food, lodging, and travelling, solicited and accepted "massive bribes", and "adultery".
On February 17, 2017 , Sun was sentenced to 18 years in prison for taking bribes worth 14.20 million yuan (~$2.07 million) , plundering the public treasury worth 1.64 million yuan (~$0.24 million) and unidentified 9.53 million yuan (~$1.39 million) property in Tai'an People's Intermediate Court.
- "Vice minister of industry, commerce probed for corruption". Chinadaily. 2014-12-26.
- "China's Sun Hongzhi under investigation for graft". customstoday.com.pk. 2014-12-26.
- "代表信息：孙鸿志". npc.gov.cn (in Chinese). 2013-04-05.
- Wang Zhuoqiong (2014-12-27). "China's anti-monopoly chief faces investigation". asiaone.com.
- ccdi.gov.cn (2014-12-26). "国家工商总局副局长孙鸿志被调查(图)". 163.COM (in Chinese).
- Central Commission for Discipline Inspection of the Communist Party of China (June 15, 2015). "国家工商总局原副局长、党组成员孙鸿志严重违纪违法被开除党籍" (in Chinese).