||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2015)|
|Slogan||Come Feel the Fun|
|Location||Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia|
|Operated by||Sunway Lagoon Sdn. Bhd.|
|Opened||September 17, 1997|
The Sunway Lagoon is a theme park in Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. It was officially opened by then Prime Minister Tun Mahathir bin Mohamad on 17 September 1997. It features rides in both the water park and the adjacent amusement park, excluding Scream Park, Wildlife Park & Extreme Park. In late 2008, new parks were added and minor improvements were made to the existing park.
Extreme Park has a variety of activities, including rides and games of skill.
Lynton V Harris' Scream Park
Scream Park provides an interactive "scare" experience by using audio and visual effects and live actors.
Sunway Lagoon is one of the world’s largest man-made surf beach, a title recognized by the Malaysia Book of Records.
Interactive Wildlife Park
Wildlife Park is an interactive and educational zoo with exotic, small and friendly animals from a range of birds, reptiles and mammals.
The Nickelodeon Lost Lagoon
The new Nickelodeon themed attraction is planned to be opened to the public by Q4 2015. The development costs RM 100 million and is expected to attract 2 million visitors to Sunway Lagoon in 2016. The attraction is the first Nickelodeon-themed land in Asia.
Concerts and Events
The Sunway Surf Beach also hosts events and concerts such as MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia, as well as concerts by deadmau5 (2011), One Republic (The Native Tour), Pitbull (2011) and so on.
- "THE OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE SUNWAY LAGOON RESORT HOTEL". Prime Minister Office. Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- "Extreme Park at Sunway Lagoon, Malaysia". sunwaylagoon.com. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- Star Biz (29 September 2015). "Sunway to draw more visitors with new attraction". The Star (Malaysia). Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- Wahab, Ashraf (24 December 2014). "Sunway Lagoon To Open Asia's First Nickelodeon-Themed Land". Malaysian Digest. Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- "20,000 groove with hottest hitmakers". The Star (Malaysia). Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- "Deadmau5 Live in KL!". Juice Online. Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- "Konsert ‘Pitbull Live In Malaysia’ di Surf Beach,Sunway Lagoon". Selebriti Online. Retrieved 29 September 2015.
|This article about an amusement park is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|