Outer Sydney Metropolitan Bus Service Contracts
The Outer Sydney Metropolitan Bus Service Contracts (OSMBSC) are contracts issued by the Government of New South Wales to bus operators in areas surrounding Sydney. These regions include the Hunter Region, Central Coast, Illawarra and the Blue Mountains. In 2016-17, 21.6 million passenger journeys were made on Outer Metropolitan bus services.
Unlike the Sydney Metropolitan Bus Service Contracts which are put out to open tender, the government has indicated it does not intend to go down this path with the OSMBSCs, but negotiate with the incumbent operators.
Like the bus contracts in Sydney, a requirement of the OSMBSC contracts is that operators cease using their own liveries and adopt a standardised white and two blues livery as prescribed by Transport for NSW. This livery was first implemented from 2010. As of 2014, the transition to the standardised livery is ongoing.
Originally regions OSMBSC 6 and OSMBSC 9 had two operators.  The ten regions eventually further split up into 12 regions, with each region having one operator. There was no change of operators or takeover of services between operators. However Coastal Liner continues to operate some trips on routes in Busways region OSMBSC 6. 
The Newcastle Buses & Ferries contract for region 5 was renewed for three years from 1 July 2014. Region 5 was eventually replaced by NISC 001, with Keolis Downer operating as Newcastle Transport taking over bus and ferry services from Newcastle Buses & Ferries in July 2017.
Hunter, Newcastle & Central Coast
|OSMBSC 1||Cessnock, Kurri Kurri||Rover Coaches|
|OSMBSC 2||Maitland, Raymond Terrace||Hunter Valley Buses|
|OSMBSC 3||Port Stephens||Port Stephens Coaches|
|OSMBSC 4||Toronto, Wyee, Morisset||Hunter Valley Buses|
(formerly OSMBSC 5)
|Newcastle, Charlestown||Newcastle Transport|
|OSMBSC 6||Wyong, Tuggerah, Gosford||Busways|
|OSMBSC 7||Gosford, The Entrance||Red Bus Services|
|OSMBSC 11||Wyong||Coastal Liner|
|OSMBSC 8||Katoomba, Springwood, Penrith||Blue Mountains Transit|
Blue Mountains Transit routes were formerly operated by the Blue Mountains Bus Company until acquired by Blue Mountains Transit in December 2014.
|OSMBSC 9||Helensburgh||Premier Charters|
|OSMBSC 10||Wollongong South||Premier Illawarra|
|OSMBSC 12||Wollongong North||Dion's Bus Service|
Premier Charters' region 9 routes were operated by Green's Northern Coaches, until taken over in February 2015. OSMBSC 12 used to be part of OSMBSC 9, until it was created as a separate contract region.
- Buses and coaches, Transport for NSW, Retrieved 23 July 2016
- "Bus Patronage - Monthly Figures". Transport for NSW. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Outer Metropolitan Bus System Contract Regions Archived 2014-11-04 at the Wayback Machine., Transport for NSW, Retrieved 8 July 2014
- NSW Government Gazette 1 August 2008, Retrieved 8 July 2014
- Annual Report 2012 Bus & Coach Association NSW
- Bus Customers to Benefit from Outer Metropolitan Contract Negotiations Minister for Transport 27 April 2013
- "Sydney Metropolitan and Outer Metropolitan Bus Service Contract on time running results". Transport for NSW. December 2017. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "Busways and Coastal Liner route 78". Transport for NSW.
- "Busways and Coastal Liner route 80". Transport for NSW.
- Annual Report 30 June 2014 page 89 State Transit Authority
- "Outer Metropolitan Sydney Bus Contract Regions 1, 2, 3 and 4" (PDF). NSW Government Transport and Infrastructure. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Outer Metropolitan Sydney Bus Contract Regions 6 and 7" (PDF). NSW Government Transport and Infrastructure. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Outer Metropolitan Sydney Bus Contract Regions 9 and 10" (PDF). NSW Government Transport and Infrastructure. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.