|Died||May 8, 1987|
Tottempudi Krishna (died 8 May 1987) was an editor and director of Tollywood movies famous for having directed well known revolutionary films like Pratighatana, Repati Pourulu, Neti Bharatham are Winning Best Films for Filmfare Awards and many more.He was also the founder of Eetaram Films. He has also directed few films in Malayalam. He was known as a very good human being.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2011)|
His film Pratighatana (1985) was the story of a woman's (Vijayshanti) fight against corruption and criminalization of politics in India. This film was later remade in Hindi as Pratighaat starred by Sujata Mehta and Nana Patekar.
He was married and had two sons and a daughter. One of his sons, Premchand, was an aspiring director but died in a car accident in 1995 while directing his first film. His second son T. Gopichand is now a well known Tollywood actor. Gopichand started his career playing the role of villain but in later films, played the hero. His daughter is a Dentist.
Filmography as director
- Neti Bharatam (1983) (story and director)
- Desam Lo Dongalu Paddaru (1985) (story and director)
- Devalayam (1985) (story, screenplay and director)
- Vande Mataram (1985) (story, screenplay and director)
- Pratighatana (1985) (story, screenplay and director)
- Pakarathinu Pakaram (1986) (director) [Malayalam Film]
- Pratighaat (1987) (story and screenplay)
- Repati Pourulu (1986) (writer and director) Released in 1986.
He is the inspiration for many revolutionary directors and producers such as R. Narayana Murthy.
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|