Innovators Under 35
|Innovators Under 35|
|Awarded for||Accomplishments that are poised to have a dramatic impact on the world.|
|Presented by||MIT Technology Review|
|Hosted by||Emtech conference|
The subcategories for the awards change from year to year, but generally focus on biomedicine, computing, communications, business, energy, materials, and the web. Nominations are sent from around the world and evaluated by a panel of expert judges. In some years, an Innovator of the Year or a Humanitarian of the Year is also named from among the winners.
The purpose of the award is to honor "accomplishments that are poised to have a dramatic impact on the world as we know it."
The award was started in 1999 as the TR100, with 100 winners, but was changed to TR35 (35 winners) starting in 2005. The awards are presented to the winners at the annual Emtech conference on emerging technologies, held in the fall at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where there is an awards ceremony and reception. There are several regional TR35 lists produced by Technology Review also, such as the list of the top 35 innovators under 35 in India, Spain, Italy, France, Mexico, Latin America and Turkey. The regional winners are then considered as candidates for the global list.
In 2013, the list was renamed to Innovators Under 35.
- "Donhee Ham and Robert Wood Recognized in Technology Review's Prestigious TR35 for 2008". Harvard University. August 18, 2008. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "1999 Top 100 Innovators Under 35". Technology Review. 1999. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "Top Young Innovators Under 35". Technology Review. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "Aydogan Ozcan Recognized by Technology Review's Prestigious TR35 Listing of the World's Top Young Innovators for 2009". UCLA. August 18, 2009. Archived from the original on October 6, 2011. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- Official website at Technology Review with lists of winners at technologyreview.com
- "2005 Top 35 Innovators Under 35". Technology Review. 2005. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "Technology Review Names Carnegie Mellon's Treuille to Prestigious TR35 List of Top Young Innovators". Carnegie Mellon University. August 18, 2009. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "MIT's TR35 Spain Awards". Technology Review. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "TR35 Italia - Giovani Innovatori - Edizione 2012". Technology Review. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "Les MIT Technology Review Innovateurs de moins de 35 ans France". Technology Review. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-09-11. Retrieved 2014-09-11.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-09-12. Retrieved 2016-09-17.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Innovadores Menores De 35 Turquía 2014 - MIT Technology Review". Technologyreview.es. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- "MIT Technology Review's TR35". 21 August 2012.