This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Town||20.71 km2 (8.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,000/km2 (13,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 37|
Tadepalligudem is located at  It has an average elevation of 34 metres (114 feet)..
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 103,906. The total population constitute, 51,378 males and 52,528 females — a sex ratio of 1022 females per 1000 males - higher than the national average of 940 per 1000. 9,048 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 4,662 are boys and 4,386 are girls—a ratio of 941 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 83.10% (male 86.60%; female 79.71%) with 78,557 literates, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
The urban agglomeration had a population of 104,032 of which males constitute 51,438 and females constitute 52,594 — a sex ratio of 1024 females per 1000 males - and 9,061 children are in the age group of 0–6 years. There are a total of 78,656 literates with an average literacy rate of 83.11%.
Tadepalligudem Municipality was formed in the year 1958. It is a Selection–Grade Municipality, which is spread over an area of 20.71 km2 (8.00 sq mi) and has 35 election wards. The present municipal commissioner of the town is Bala Swami and the present chairman is Bolisetti Srinivas.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools of the School Education Department of the state. National Institute of Technology, Tadepalligudem is the 31st NIT in the country, for which the foundation stone was laid in the town on 20 August 2015.. Dr. YSR Horticulture University and Adikavi nannayya university campus are other major universities in Tadepalligudem. Other important engineering colleges are Sri Vasavi Engineering college which helps students in building their career and gives highest placements and mainly SVEC concentrates on R&D, Sasi Engineering college, VISIT Engineering college, WISE Engineering college, ASR Engineering college etc.,
The town has a total road length of 207.30 km (128.81 mi). Asian Highway 45 passes through the town, which is a part of the Golden Quadrilateral project. The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation operates bus services from Tadepalligudem bus station. Tadepalligudem railway station is located on Visakhapatnam–Vijayawada section of Howrah-Chennai main line. It is one of the thirteen A – category stations located in Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone. Almost all the trains passing through Tadepalligudem have stoppages here. Tadepalligudem has an airport which is currently not in use, built by the British to accommodate military aircraft during World War II. In 1942. The Government of Andhra Pradesh proposed an airport in Tadepalligudem along with five other cities. Rajahmundry Airport is the nearest airport.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Andhra Pradesh (India): Districts, Cities, Towns and Outgrowth Wards - Population Statistics in Maps and Charts". citypopulation.de.
- "District Census Handbook - West Godavari" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 22–23, 42, 54. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Tadepallegudem, India". fallingrain.com.
- "Sex Ratio". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Contact Details of Commissioners and Mayors of Amrut Cities" (PDF). Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation. Government of India. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "About the Institute". NIT Warangal. Archived from the original on 29 July 2015. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "NIT-Warangal allots 60 seats for A.P. students for this year". The Hindu. Visakhapatnam. 4 July 2015. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Details of Roads in each ULB of Andhra Pradesh". Commissioner and Directorate of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration and Urban Developmemt Department - Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original on 1 August 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Divisional info" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- Y. Mallikarjun. "Praful Patel foresees aviation sector recovery by 2011". The Hindu.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tadepalligudem.|