|• City||20.71 km2 (8.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,000/km2 (13,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Tadepalligudem is located at  It has an average elevation of 34 metres (114 feet). From Tadepalligudem, Maadhavaram is located at a distance of about 16 km from the military installation where most of the villagers work and retire from Indian Military. For this reason, the village is called the "Military Maadhavaram"..
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the city had a population of 103,577. The total population constitute, 51,176 males and 52,401 females — a sex ratio of 1024 females per 1000 males - higher than the national average of 940 per 1000. 9,048 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 4,662 are boys and 4,386 are girls—a ratio of 941 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 83.10% (male 86.60%; female 79.71%) with 78,557 literates, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
The urban agglomeration had a population of 103,703, of which males constitute 51,236 and females constitute 52,467 — a sex ratio of 986 females per 1000 males - and 9,061 children are in the age group of 0–6 years. There are a total of 78,656 literates with an average literacy rate of 83.11%.
Tadepalligudem has a large number of rice mills. In Tadepalligudem, Food Fats and Fertilizers (FFF), produces soap oil, fertiliser raw materials and other food oil components (palm oil, vanaspati, rice bran oil) etc., is one of the larger industrial units. Apart from this, there are jaggery, power, steel manufacturing industries as well as smaller scale industries like chalk, candles, and cashew grading. Tadepalligudem is known as an industrial town, rather than as a residential. Tadepalligudem is the exporter of mangoes and onions to other countries like Bangladesh, Malaysia, etc.
The Andhra University Campus was established in 2004. Andhra Pradesh government started Andhra Pradesh Horticultural University at Tadepalligudem, having four colleges in other parts of the state. It is first university of its kind in south India. Adikavi Nannya University, Dr. YS Rajasekhar Reddy Horticultural University are the important universities. The university was established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh through G.O.Ms. No. 134 dated 26-06-2007 at Venkataramannagudem, near Tadepalligudem. It is only the second horticultural university in the country.
- National Institute of Technology
- Dr YSR Horticultural University, Venktramannagudem, Tadepalligudem.
- Andhra University Campus.
Tadepalligudem is well connected to most cities and towns in Andhra Pradesh by the state run road transport corporation, APSRTC. Asian Highway 45 passes through the town, which is a part of the Golden Quadrilateral project. Tadepalligudem railway station is located on Visakhapatnam–Vijayawada section of Howrah-Chennai main line. It is one of the thirteen A – category stations located in Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone. Tadepalligudem has an airport which is currently not in use, built by the British to accommodate military aircraft during World War II. The Government of Andhra Pradesh proposed an airport in Tadepalligudem along with five other cities. Rajahmundry Airport located near Madhurapudi is the nearest airport to Tadepalligudem.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Andhra Pradesh (India): Districts, Cities, Towns and Outgrowth Wards - Population Statistics in Maps and Charts". citypopulation.de.
- "District Census Handbook - West Godavari" (PDF). Census of India. p. 22–23,42,54. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Tadepallegudem, India". fallingrain.com.
- "Sex Ratio". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- http://www.fff.co.in FFF
- Welcome to Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India
- "About the Institute". NIT Warangal. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "NIT-Warangal allots 60 seats for A.P. students for this year". The Hindu (Visakhapatnam). 4 July 2015. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Divisional info" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- Y. Mallikarjun. "Praful Patel foresees aviation sector recovery by 2011". The Hindu.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tadepalligudem.|