|Full name||Taison Barcellos Freda|
|Date of birth||13 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder / Winger|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 April 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21 October 2016
Taison started his career with Brazilian club Internacional and quickly rose to prominence within their youth set up, becoming one of the brightest prospects at the club. Taison then after making his first team debut in 2009, confirmed his place as one of the rising stars in world football after top scoring in the 2009 Campeonato Gaúcho with 15 goals and starring alongside strike partner Nilmar. Internacional also went on to win the tournament after an 8–1 victory over Caxias. Despite never winning the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Taison does have a Copa Libertadores winners medal after he was an instrumental part in his side's 2010 success, starting both legs of Internacional's aggregate 5–3 final victory over Mexican side Guadalajara.
After being linked with a host of clubs across Europe, including Wolfsburg and Napoli Taison eventually signed for Ukrainian club Metalist Kharkiv for an approximate fee of 6 million euros. He started brightly in Ukraine and even pipped Willian to the "best new signing" accolade. The Brazilian scored an incredible Marco van Basten style volley against Rosenborg BK on November 8, 2012 in the Europa League. In the same game he also provided the assist for the second in a 3–1 win. 
Taison signed with Shakhtar Donetsk on 1 January 2013 for a fee of around £12.4 million. He made his debut for Shakhtar in the Champions League against Borussia Dortmund in a 2–2 draw on 13 February 2013. He scored his first goal for Shakhtar and was named Man of the Match in a 3–3 draw with Metalurh Zaporizhya on 19 May 2013, scoring an equalising goal in the 92nd minute. Taison scored in a 3–0 victory over Chornomorets Odesa in the 2012–13 Ukrainian Cup final. On 10 July 2013 Taison scored in a 3–1 victory over Chornomorets in the Ukrainian Super Cup. He netted his first Champions League goal on 2 October 2013 in a 1–1 draw with Manchester United.
In an interview with the coach of the Ukraine national football team, Mykhaylo Fomenko spoke of him as a possible naturalized. Taison indicated that he would be likely to accept a call-up for Ukraine if asked. But on 22 August 2016 newly appointed manager Tite has called him up for the Brazil national football team.
- As of match played 9 April 2016
- Shakhtar Donetsk
- Ukrainian League: 2012–13, 2013–14
- Ukrainian Cup: 2012–13, 2015-16
- Ukrainian Super Cup: 2013, 2014, 2015
- "Taison | First Team | FC Shakhtar Donetsk". Shakhtar.com. 1988-01-13. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Summary – Gaucho 1 – Brazil – Results, fixtures, tables and news – Soccerway". Uk.soccerway.com. 2013-01-09. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Summary – Copa Libertadores – South America – Results, fixtures, tables and news – Soccerway". Uk.soccerway.com. 2013-01-09. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Why Chelsea are trying to sign this brilliant Brazilian striker who BETTERED Van Basten's volley". talkSPORT. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Taison named Man of the Match". Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Metalurh Zaporizhya vs Shakhtar Donetsk 3–3". Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Cup is ours!". Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Chornomorets vs Shakhtar: match report". Retrieved 29 August 2014.
- "Shakhtar are 2015-16 Ukrainian Cup winner". Shakhtar.com. 22 August 2016.
- "Shakhtar won the Super Cup!". Shakhtar.com. 22 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taіson Barcellos Freda.|
- (Portuguese) Internacional.com.br